Sign in to follow this  
Guest Air1

Fairey Swordfish - Fantastic!!

Guest Heather 636

Being a "Classic" and radial fan, I am always searching the web sites for aircraft from the fifties and before. If you like this kind of aircraft, you REALLY have to check out the Swordfish Package available over at: http://www.simviation.com/fs2002vintage1.htmThis is the description:FS2002 aircraft featuring float and wheel version, VFR and Vintage panel, full moving parts, rolling wheels, dynamic virtual cockpit, high detail 1024x1024 textures in four historicall accurate paint schemes showing different levels of weathering, folding wings, tailhook,landing light, nav light. Uses stock gauges and sound. Visual Model and panel.cfg by Mathias Pommerien Flightdynamics by Larry Vrooman Textures and panel bitmap by Alessandro Biaggi Copyright2001 by Groundcrew Design Group. 6MBIt ranks up there at the top in regards to the detail that these guys put into this thing, even with selectable panels, one with IFR instruments and one with the vintage panel.Although beware, the button you have programmed to lower flaps folds the wings up on this thing. You can imagine my alarm when I did this in the middle of a take-off run. It's a beautifully rendered model. The sound cfg alias's to the Cessna but thats an easy fix by switching that to a Stearman or Dehavilland Beaver sound.Can't say enough about the beautiful paint job they did on this thing. Well worth the download!Filename: Swordfish_FS02.zipCheers!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Looks good, will give it a try. I've flown many of old vintage planes in FS2002 lately. It's great fun, and a nice change from the long flights in jets.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Heather, thats an awesome airplane. Mathias Pommerien made that one mainly with some help from some other experts. If you liked that, try the Do-24T float plane. Mathias made that one but I did the skins! :-)The Dornier is wearing German war colors, but theres a Dutch version as well. (Do-24K)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Heather, don't worry about folding the wings on takeoff, or in flight for that matter. It doesn't affect the flight model at all! I folded them once from an outside view in flight just to see what would happen. Much to my surprise, nothing happened at all. It just flew along as if everything was normal.Oh well. You have to place the boundaries of realism somewhere. It's still a great plane. I fly it from the Aces Flying Services vintage field where I hangar my Jenny.Dewey

Guest Heather 636

One step ahead of you Eric! ;)I've had that Dornier for some time now, another BEAUTIFUL job!I have that one on my list for a "Heather's Air Charter" livery.Can you imagine THAT thing painted up like my DC-3? Up course for personal use only unless you guys say it's okay. Lord only knows when I'll get around to it.I don't care what kind of airplane it is, when people go to that extent of work in detail and painting, I just have to have it.Great job!!http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

The Swordfish is a great plane, I've loved it ever since I've found it, and have probably logged about 30 hours in it alone since mid January.Scott

Heather, you know whats an absolute shame is that I wouldhave done a livery for you but I "lost" the original psd artworkfor this plane in a major HD crash last fall. Complete crater.Thousands of hours of original work lost. If you go to mysite, www.aluminumcloud.com, you will see a lot of work therethats pretty cool, but unfortunately the vast majority of originalfiles is historical.Feel free to modify this plane as you wish for your personalconsumption.Eric

PS to the last message...the pilot in that plane is actually mybrother Harry. The copilot is his actual hair color. I put himin because I happend to have a digital picture of him and didnthave one of me at the time... :-)When I showed his kids what Daddy was doing on my PC..they laughed out loud!Eric

Guest Coneman

Hi Heather,I've been having a gas using CFS2 aircraft in FS2002 lately. If you haven't tried it, find the Gryphon Mosquito. It's an absolute must. Great VC, the best merlin sound I've heard (not a radial, but you won't care :-) ), and works great in FS2002. I haven't loaded the Swordfish yet but think I shall :-)ToddKCOE

Guest Heather 636

LOL! Yes! I have that one too! She's so ugly you just have to have her, but then, if it flies, it ain't ugly.Iv'e mentioned previously that my parents used to worry about me when I was little; not the "normal" interests. Well, to confirm that even more, have you ever got into one of those discussions about what you would be reincarnated as if that were possible? Well, around where I live we have a lot of turkey vultures. They might be ugly to look at up close but I can't help watching them and think about the life they have. No natural predators that I know of, not even people want to eat those things. Plenty to eat, just follow the highway. And hardly no effort expended in being able to fly all day, wings extended, soaring through the sky on the thermals.Guess what I'd choose? ;)Thanks for that tip about the Mosquito Coneman, from what you've saif I'll have to get it, if for nothing else but for the sound files.The propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Very manueverable. It can turn on a dime. Wonder if the real one has this capability. Any swordfish pilots out there? :-)BobG

Heather, what a great find. Fun to fly and gives a whole new meaning to the word SLOOOOOOOOOOW!! Thanks a bunch,Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com