Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bpilot

FMC airport change

Guest Bpilot

Hello Captains,I was flying to Rome in the -900, and close to approach, when I found out I programmed the wrong aiport: Ciampino, instead of Fumicino (sorry, Italians, for my geography ignorance). Ciampino has a very short RW!I wondered that I could forget the FMC in just fly "by hand", using the auto pilot, but I considered this to be na

Guest pez_man

Bumpetibump...I'm on a Jet Airways flight from Bombay to Calcutta as I type, and of course, believeing that Calicut was Calcutta I entered the wrong destination in the FMC... Have been pressing about all the buttons I can find now but to no good, so I'm also kind of curious about this! :-)rgrdsfredrik granfors

Guest cboyes

SergioI don't think it would be naive to fly the last part of the flight "by hand" using the autopilot - I imagine this would in fact be quite common.

Guest Bpilot

Craig,Thanks for the comment. Of course, flying "by hand" is the normal alternative. However, my question still applies and I

Guest pez_man

Well, actually it was rather fun taking her to Calcutta using just plain old VOR to VOR-navigation so I'm not complaining, what my poor ai-pax thought about the delay is another thing though...! (Or all the indians I've offended now with my total lack of Indian geographical knowledge!) :-lol I'm still curious about airport change midair though!rgrdsfredrik

Did you try overwriting the Destination airport on the ROUTE Page with the new airport (ICAO code), Sergio, then accessing the STARs for that airport? (Or are you having difficulties with other parts of the route?).Cheers.Ian.

Guest pez_man

Yes of course! Pressing PREV PAGE on the RTE page brings you back to the destination page! We should've thought about that Sergio! :-)Thanks a lot!rgrdsfredrik granfors

Sorry, totally OT but...A couple of days ago I made a flight from Halifax, Canada to Heatrow and checking out the neighbourhood I found the town of Sydney on Nova Scotia. Reminded me of the two girls that wanted to go to Sydney Australia but actually ended up in Canada. They didn't suspect anything until they arrived there with the extension flight in some small plane! Had it been during winter at least the polar bears should have tipped them off! :)/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Bpilot

Great hint, Ian! Thank you!That's why I like this forum: someone will come up with an answer...In my case, Fumicino and Ciampino are just a few miles apart, so I had all I needed: fuel, same weather, familiar taxis waiting at the terminal, same language, fresh pizza.I don't think the same can be said to Calicut and Calcutta, or Sidney/Canada - Sidney/Australia...Regards from BrazilBPilot