Sign in to follow this  
Guest PilotPete

New Navy MMA Livery?

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>the MMA will have a fuel receptical above the cockpit (like>the other boeing's in military use) for use with the boom>refuelling system. it won't be a tanker itself though.Nope. No In-Air Refueling Spec'd on MMA, quite possible it was thought of before the BBJ2 was the airframe to be base from. Then its not really a BBJ2 either, MMA will be 3 feet shorter...There really isn't a need for it so why waste the money...

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest moose_VUSN

i have started work on the MMA paint (800ERX).first shot below. it has yet to have any markings or detail applied, and of course, this is just based on computer generated images from Boeing, so probably won't be accurate.http://www.ai-uk.net/VUSN/Images/MMA-01.jpg

looks beautiful, can't wait to fly around wearing that new outfit!

Guest moose_VUSN

couple more for you all...http://www.ai-uk.net/VUSN/images/MMA-02.jpghttp://www.ai-uk.net/VUSN/images/MMA-03.jpgwhat do you think of the metallic like fuselage? i think its too metallic & needs to be more grey (like the fin & engines)...i also need to a few more details.i have done the paint scheme as that of VP-40 "Fighting Marlins" stationed at NAS Whidbey Island, WA (KNUW). They operate some of the oldest P-3C so would be some of the first to get MMA's.i have also made some flight model modifications - CFM-56B27 engines (still can't get the FMC to recognise this! anyone got any ideas?), increased fuel tank capacity & increased max gross weight.The ZFW is also fixed (at 105096lbs, a rough estimate until i work out precise equipment loads & obviously its all still in development).

Any word on this package?Thanks

Guest moose_VUSN

i'm doing a few last things to the repaint, obviously since i have so little to go on its a trial & error method, so i make some changes & see if they look good/plausable & must do this for the whole repaint...

Guest moose_VUSN

i have now posted v1 of the repaint on the AVSIM file library, it should be up today or tomorrow. it includes some edits of the engine thrust, fuel tank capacity & weights & loads sections of the aircraft.cfg & full instructions on how to acomplish the changes.what i am still working on:- slight changes in the textures to make a slightmore accurate representation.- getting the FMC to recognise the increase in thrust to 27300lbs.- working out how to get the FMC to work for a typical high-low-high patrol flight.the VNAV goes haywire when you input a cruise alt of FL350 then descend to 1600ft for patrol & then go back up to FL350 for return, you lose all time & fuel estimates, i'm going to try a few things (like setting 1600ft for cruise alt in) & will report back on this...enjoy!

Laurie, So far, so good! It's installed and I'm flying a non mission flight from Pensacola to Key West. It looks great and flies even better! Great job!ChuckAthlon XP 2800+ASUS A7N8X DeluxeAntec TruePower 480 PS1.0 gig DDR PC2700ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 running Omega Driver 25.04SB Audigy 2WD 60 gig HDDWD 40 gig HDDCH Products USB YokeCH Products USB PedalsWindows XP Prohttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg