Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nickman

Path DES unavailable

Guest Nickman

Hey all, lately I've been using the Speed DES profile but I'm wanting to change to the Path DES profile. Everytime I activate the Path DES, I get a message a little way through the descent saying something like "PATH DES UNAVAILABLE" and it switches back to speed. Anyone get this before or know the cause?Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest nandrzej

Yeah I had it last night too.I think it happens when you do not have a path all the way to the airfield, ie you have not yet selected a STAR and runway to land on before starting your descent. My guess is the FMC does not know how you will fly into the airfield, so it cannot create a path.sounds good heh, hope it is correct, Nick

This is in fact correct. For the FMC to calculate a des it needs a E/D point. A SPD DES is also the correct option here if you have not built a proper des profile...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Nickman

Ahh ok, makes since. I've never used a STAR arrival before, but I was meaning to try it out also. I'm one of those people that start little and go big as you might say :-PNick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2