Sign in to follow this  

Nice/C

Since FS2K I have found a problem with the glide slope of runway 4R at the Nice Airport (LFMN): when using the ILS approach the A/C will run beyond the runway without coming to the ground.The same problem happens in FS2K2.Today I saw a file, to be installed using AFCAD, that would result in slight changes in the location of the localizer and glidepath. I installed it but the problem persists: following the glidepath the A/C passes over the threshold of the runway some 300 feet above. The VASI lights show that I am too high.For the runway 4L everything is OK, and I come to the runway normally.Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there any correction for it?I hope someone can help!Regards,

This is not a bug. It's normal. It's like that in real-life. It's for noise abatement procedures (read: residents don't like aircraft noise, so they make you fly over the sea). Why does everyone think that an offset ILS is automatically a bug ? Please try to check the real-life charts first at least.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Guest joea

I agree, I'm sick and tired of reading these stupid posts by folks who don't check themselves.

Guest Stamatis

Yeah, but there is a slight detail which you both missed out.He is referring to what he considers a problem with the Glidelsope, while Eric explains why there is an offset Localizer!He wrote:"Since FS2K I have found a problem with the glide slope of runway 4R at the Nice Airport (LFMN)" Maybe we should all check things more thoroughly before jumping on each other? :-)Stamatis

Guest joea

Hey Stamatis you are right :-doh I've heard complaints about this particular airport as well as a few others like LaGuardia that have localiser only approaches therfore I just jumped. I would like to say the original poster my apologies. We should look at this problem as it has been known for MS to get things wrong. :-hah Anyone seen the charts?

Actually, Microsoft hasn't fixed the ILS at Nice since FS2000. It doesn't work correctly, even per se the Jeppesen charts. Wilco fixed it with Airport 2000 v3, but as yet there is no fix for it in FS2002.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I am glad someone was able to read English and not quickly jump into "nice" comments...The problem is not of course with the offset localizer, but with the glide slope. It happens that last Sunday I was able to see where the bug was and correct it. The problem with the glide slope was that it had the same coordinates as the localizer, i.e., at the far end of the runway!As I had the correct coordinates for the GS, which I got using AFCAD, I corrected the bgl file and now everything is correct.Thanks to all those that gave attention to my problem.Best Regards,

>As I had the correct coordinates for the GS, which I got >using AFCAD, I corrected the bgl file and now everything is >correct. Glad you solved your problem.Which tool do you use to correct bgl files in this way? Sounds like something I would like to have :)

Thanks Eric for your message. I have understood your comment.As Brynjames has asked, here is what I have done:I used AFCAD to check the location of the navaids at Nice Cote d'Azur. They seemed OK, and in line with the information in the Jeppesen charts.Then I used the EasyNavs tool to extract the eurswils.bgl file. I noticed it had the error I reported: the GS had the same coordinates as the localizer. I changed the location of the GS, as per the information provided by the AFCAD tool. I replaced the original file with the one generated by the EasyNavs tool and everything was then correct.You can download the EasyNavs utility from Avsim.Regards,

Hi allEverybody is right ;-)Here are the real Nice ILS 04R data (according to the last Jeppesen chart on 6 Oct 00)Rwy 04R magnetic heading is 045

Now what about FS2004 ?Seems EasyNav is not able to handle FS2004 bgl files.Has anyone got some hints ? Maybe using a different tool ?

Guest CargoMun

I did an easier fix maybe others would just like to do that instead of editing frequencies :)I put runway 4R/22L for takeoffs only and had the other 4L/22R do landings only. In a way its a bit better to take off from the outer runway becos of all the cliffs at the end of 4R :D

>>As I had the correct coordinates for the GS, which I got Could you post the exact right coordinates of GS here ? THANKS !!!