Sign in to follow this  
Guest rec00n

Radio Problem 737 NG 600/700

Guest rec00n

Hallo!First of all, i've noticed that there is already such a post. But it seems to me that that post just applies to the 800/900 version and I've tried everything what's in there(the reality switches, the battery switch, the avionics switch). So if the PMDG Team or anyone else has got an idea what I can do please post it here.thxBernhard Castellazzi---------------------------===================================PMDG 737 600/700 VERSION 1.30 RELEASE VERSION1/14/04 BUILD 80 0300Z===================================

I havn't ever had a radio problem with just the 600/700 install. If you fly offline, can you contact FS ATC ok? Is this in FS8 or 9?So you have tried changing to the default Cessna and turning on the avionics switch, then back to your PMDG 737.....I personally find this a little tedious and have assigned CTRL + A as my avionics on/off switch.Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC? If so is "extend battery life" on?Have you been having this problem since day one?

Guest rec00n

Usually the problem comes up after about 2-3 hours of flying (often short time before the approach). Then you still can see numbers in the radio display but you can't change them. Also ILS doesn't work anymore. ATC doesn't work anymore too.And I've got no registered version of FSUIPC and i tried that avionics on/off serveral times now without any result.BCastellazzi

Mr Castellazzi, Bernhard,The next time it happens can you check your battery voltage on the electrics display on the overhead? Maybe post a screenshot of it as it happens? Would help us rule out the battery drainage problem.Cheers,

Guest rec00n

Ok, I'll do so next time.BC

Guest rec00n

Ok, here is the screenshot. The radios failed at 2h 28m flighttime.I've uses 2x timeacceleration.Interesting is that i've got the radios running again after i've chosen a different plane (the same 737-700 winglets/only 2d cockpit with other textures).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/80379.jpg

Ok BC (Please sign ALL posts with your name as per the forum rules)You'd better take a look at the extended checklists once again. Make sure the aircraft is prepared for flight i.e. ENG GEN online, appropriate lights on, packs on and so on. This overhead is not prepared and that is why your flights fail.Again RTFM!!!Hope it helps (I know it will ;-))

Guest rec00n

Thank you.But I'm curious what a wrong adjusted overheadpanel has to do with a failing radio panel. So I'm looking forward to some more information.cheersBernhard Castellazzi

Hello Bernhard,>But I'm curious what a wrong adjusted overheadpanel has to do with a >failing radio panel. >So I'm looking forward to some more information.Ok. Well first. This is not your average fire up and fly plane. For the aircraft to act as it is supposed to, you have to set it up as it is supposed to. That's why we have the expanded checklists. Now. On the overhead you will setup and configure a number of systems, including electrical systems, for the aircraft. If these systems, including electrical, is not set up properly some systems, including radios, that are relying on the correct setup, will fail.Is that information enough? Now go and read the manual one more time. And take a look at the great tutorials made by Fred Clausen and Tim Metzinger. Both (the tutorials, not the authors ;-)) to be found in the libraryHope it helps,

Guest rec00n

Ok, I completed my flight now from LEPA to EDLP.And it worked great!!!!Thank you very much, Mats,if I could I would buy a beer for you. ;)cheersBernhard Castellazzi

Guest lamont

Bernard,I'm glad you finally had a sucessful flight but regarding your overhead panel picture just to give you some pointers here's what's wrong.1. Engine generator bus switches are off should be on.2. APU generator bus switches are off even though you have the APU on hence the blue lights.3. APU is on should be off.4. Ignition start switches set at FLT should be off.5. Packs are off should be on.6. Your pressurization panel is showing cruise altitude of 35,000' and 200' for destination. Since this is the default setting you may not have set that properly.Many things can go wrong based on the errors above including radio failure and other failures of an electrical nature since basically you are not supplying any electrical power to the aircraft. Your passengers are gasping for air because with the packs off you have no duct pressure, hence no air regeneration.Mat is right you must read the manual and take your time to become familiar with the various systems that are modeled. Trust me you'll have a much more enjoyable time flying the bird.

Glad you got it working!And I'll be glad to share that beer with you! I was not the one who solved your issue. You did!:-beerchug