Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Virtual Co-Pilot for 747

Guest A32X

Sirs,I don't know if you have read the avsim front page yet. I wonder if PMDG would make a "virtual co-pilot?" I think the PIC crew are making a real co-pilot so you can fly with your bud across a LAN or the net even. I think Dreamfleet's 727 may have a "virtual engineer" too. I know that Captainsim had a go with this for their 727, and it wasn't perfect but still very entertaining hearing your co-pilot call outer marker etc...Do your think a PMDG virtual co-pilot would be worth developing? If some didn't like it I guess you can always turn it off.Paul

That would be kool!

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest FattyBear

I wouldn't mind somebody doing call outslike v1 rotate, altitudes on approach, and checklists. I still would want to do most of the button pushing though.

Guest georg

Actually it would be quite cool if you can go flying with your friend and split the jobs.

WOW, somebody to do all the flying and do the walkarounds - GREAT :-hah

Guest Popart

>I wouldn't mind somebody doing call outslike v1 rotate,>altitudes on approach, and checklists. I still would want to>do most of the button pushing though. Flight Deck Companion will do all this for you. Nice call-outs and the PNF even raises the gear and flaps for you (as well as arming the autobrake and spoilers etc.).Would be nice to see this integrated in a PMDG product though...(hint, hint) :D