Sign in to follow this  
Guest LLgaz

Airac Cycle, runways, etc.

Guest LLgaz

Hi,Everytime I load a PMDG airplane, I get that progress bar telling me that its loading the AIRACS, runways, fixes, etc. Takes a few seconds so its not much of a big deal.However it I was recently talking to a friend of mine who said that he only gets that if he updates the AIRAC cycles when Richard from NAVDATA releases them. Otherwise, the airplane loads without that progress bar.So I'm wondering, how many of you are getting that progress bar everytime you load a PMDG airplane and is this supposed to happen? The attached picture shows the "progress bar" I'm referring to.Also, something rather strange happened the other day. I turned my AA settings in my video card up to 4Xs. Its usually on 2X because anything more taxes FPS when in extremely cloudy conditions. However, I was getting some jagged lines on the AA livery, so I decided to turn it up to see what the livery would look like. To my suprise, the computer froze everytime the progress bar for loading the AIRAC cycle came up. I had to hit the reset button to restart. Keyboard had no response neither did the mouse. Any setting higher than 2X caused this to happen, but other airplanes will load without any trouble. I had to leave it on 2X to get the airplane to load. Has anyone experienced this when using an AA setting higher than 2x?I use an AMD 2200+ with GF4 Ti4600, 1.5GB PC2700 RAM, SoundBlaster Live! Value. sound card, and the ASUS A7V333 Motherboard. Windows XP PRO.

Guest rellehenk

I always get that progress bar...

Hi,Everybody with the 800/900 package will see this progress window. All of you 600/700 package users will not see it. But still the same thing is happening for you too.Your friend must be talking about something completely different. ;-)About your AA problem. To me that smells like a driver or video card issue.Hope it helps,