Sign in to follow this  
Guest meyomyx

SIDSTAR "HDG" or "TRK" command syntax suggestion

Guest meyomyx

A command syntax would be useful;TURN [left/RIGHT] RATE [rate] HDG [target heading] UNTIL/INTERCEPT ....and so onThere are many procedures that require a turn to a specified heading BUT where that heading is more than 180 degrees left or right.This slight change to the TRK or HDG command would make these a LOT easier.Anyone think a good idea?Cheers :)Nick Kidd

I think some of us requested this in the 800/900 beta but it was determined that to add things to the 800/900 syntax would break SIDSTAR file compatibility with the 600/700. It might get confusing having multiple sets of SIDSTAR data as well as time consuming for Terry to write two separate DAFIF interpreters...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest CFM56-5CP

The lack of a simple command as "TURN [L/R] HDG xxx" is really very too time consumming to emulate and need to create dummy fixes.more than 90% of actual procedures need a left or right turn to HDG. I think it will be a real interest for all the PMDG community, that the developpement team implementes such features for "procedures". Someting is best for future to be slighty uncompatible with older versions.So please keep in mind that we need this feature to write SID/STAR/Approches procedures in an acceptable time for all of us.michel

Guest meyomyx

Thanks for thatWith regard to compatibility, if the TURN LEFT were optional parameters to the existing HDG or TRK command, would not the original SIDSTARS be still compatible?Just a thought ...... but then I don't know the complexities of programming the interpreter!Thank youNick Kidd

Guest amerton

Dear all,As you know the syntax allows for TURN LEFT/RIGHT DIRECT XYZ but it is currently not implemented.We are, as a matter of fact, working to implement it.I hope we can make it in next update.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest meyomyx

How fantastic is that?Well done :)

Hi,That's good news, Anthony. We'll be looking forward to see this implemented.BTW, I remember something was up earlier about the DIRECT command no longer being supported. However I use it in some of my procedures, and it seems to getting a smoother view of the magenta line.Ex: SID ABC1 RNW 12 KEEP TRK UNTIL 2000 DIRECT NAVAID DEFgive me a better result than: SID ABC1 RNW 12 KEEP TRK UNTIL 2000 NAVAID DEFwhere navaid DEF is almost on 180 degrees from the "keep trk" hdg.However I am not quite sure, but I think the aircraft will execute the same turn and follow the same track, but at least it looks much better in the FMC.

Guest meyomyx

YesIt always gives you a tinge of disappointment when you spend some time perfecting a SID only for it to look as though a child has gone beserk across the PFD with a pink crayon ............. yet it flies fine :)I'll try that

Guest meyomyx

Well yes,My original post suggested RATE as a parameter. I guess it would normally default to a rate 1 turn but some control over the radius of the turn would be a plus ...... though probably not essential.