Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

Fokker 50....START UP...Frustration!

OK...Call me dense or anything else. I've looked in the manual, and I've read various explanations on this forum, but I can't START the Great looking Fokker 50 that I've downloaded. Please help with a step by step. 1 ? 2 ? 3 ? 4 ? 5 ? Thanks in advance. Stan

1.Panel opened with nothing started2.This will just start engines for u - not prpoer sequence of checklist3.open the panel select buttons with SHIFT+9 - 5 small icons appear top left4. click on far left opens up overhead panel.5. go to ELECTRIC panel on far middle left -switch on batteries - panel lights up and various lights on overhead panel.6. u can verify that u have ext power by looking under the batteries sw at the EXT/PWR gauge which should read AVAIL.7.Move the knob above the batteries switch to the right to align with EXT PWR:VOLT/FREQ - this will tell u if external power is connected - mine reads 11.4 on the left and 40.7 on the right.8.go to middle panel where it says FUEL and switch on fuel 1,2,3,4 and X-feed sw9.Go to The ENGINE panel below PROPELLER and sw on the button above START.10. sw on the IGNITION button for which engine u wish to start.11. Go to knob below START and sw the knob towards the L or R depending on which ignition sw u choose.12. u should hear a lttle clicking noise and a "shoosing" noise - then the engine should(fingers crossed) start and the knob will go back tio the centre(center).13. Turn on ignition for other engine and do the same with starter switch.14. If u want to watch the engines starting put up another wiew - go to spot in that view and use spot keys to look at front of plane.This only starts engs and is not the correct startup - u will have to incorporate it into the startup seq. DMB

I'll be back to you and let you know how it works. Stan

Thanks anyway, but I tried your directions step by step,and for whatever reason, I cannot get this plane's engines started. Does the APU have anything to do with it? It says Fokker 50 without APU when I select the plane. I'm really frustrated with this thing. I'm missing something, but I'll be darned if I know what it is. Stan

Guest oyvindhansen

Did you read the tutorial in the appendices.pdf? Anyway, here's the way i start it:-use the NAS without APU aircraft-click external power button in the overhead panel, and the panel will power up-switch battery on-click the four fuel pump buttons in the middle of the overhead so that the on-light goes on-click the starter master switch, so that the on-light lights up-click on either side of the starter switch-clide the engine conditioner on the pedestal to start position, when copilot announces 66% slide it to maximum forward position-Oyvind