Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moviedirector20

KMCO arrivals

Guest Moviedirector20

Okay first of all I would like to say hello, second of all I just registered and I am not sure if I am allowed to post here because some of the oter posts look pretty offical from PMDG but I guess I will find out.I am working my way through Tim Metzinger's tutorial on how to fly the PMDG 737NG. I am on the flight whic is a scenic tour from KTNT to KMCO. In that flight we were supposed to do a non-precision approach and a missed approach. So I start to set up the arrival, but when I got to KMCO's arrival page their are no STAR's or Approaches. I recently downloaded the latest Navdata cycle. Does anyone what is going on?Thank you in advance

Guest bigun

Moviedirector20,Make sure you sign your posts so everyone knows who we are talking to.In addition to the Navdata, you must download and install the Sids/Stars data base from the PMDG site. It install into the (main FS Folder)PMDGSidStars folder.Hope this helps.

Guest Moviedirector20

HelloI would sign my name but I am not allowed to. Sorry. I will try downloading the SID/STAR data but I dont see how that will help with the approaches.Thank you for the prompt reply.

Guest bigun

not allowed to sighn your name?

Guest stang

>I will try downloading the SID/STAR data but I dont >see how that will help with the approaches.When we see what you initially said, "So I start to set up the arrival, but when I got to KMCO's arrival page their are no STAR's or Approaches." it automatically indicates there are no STARs/IAPs (procedures) installed for KMCO. Without the procedures installed into the correct folder you will not see any STARs or IAPs listed. That is why you need to get and install or verify that the procedures are properly installed. In your case look for "KMCO.txt" in the FS0X/PMDG/sidstars folder. This first troubleshooting step is required as it generally fixes this sort of problem. If the procedures are installed and you still have this problem then we can explore other options.RegardsTerry

Guest Moviedirector20

Okay what got me was the fact that KTNT had the ILS approach on it but KMCO didnt have any. I will try doing the flight again thanxs.(And I cannot sign my name sorry)

Guest bigun

It is absolutely driving me nuts:-eek Why can't you sign your name?:-hang

Guest DZollner

Perhaps his parents are weary of him doing such a thing. I know that my brother doesn't allow his kids to give their names out on the internet. Just a precaution I would assume.

Guest bigun

Makes sense :)

Guest Hawkeyeted

There is a difference between an APPROACH and an ARRIVAL. The APPROACHES (ILS/VOR/DME/RNAV) are in the NAVDATA cycles.....The SIDS/STARS are in a different file. Go to PMDG "DOWNLOADS>NAVIGTION DATA" and get the latest SIDS/STAR database and unzip it into the "FS9>PMDG>SIDSSTARS" folder.That will get you what you're looking for./R,Hawkeye "Ted" Barkley <<<<<<<

Guest Moviedirector20

Dan you hit the nail on the head. And also yes I do know the difference between an arrival and an approach. I was looking for more the approach than the arrival, I do not even know if KMCO has a STAR. I will try out the flight on monday.

Guest Paul Heaney

Hey Moviedirector, if you don't sign your name, you'll find that the POWERS THAT BE in here, won't support you.How hard is it to sign your first name?

>There is a difference between an APPROACH and an ARRIVAL. >The APPROACHES (ILS/VOR/DME/RNAV) are in the NAVDATA cycles...Sorry this is not correct, the approaches(procedure) are also a part of the procedure files (SID/STAR file). Open one of them and have a look. The Navadata cycle contain aeronatical navigation data as navaids, intersections, airports/runways, airways.Moviedirector, check your installation of the procedure file again. Open the folder Hawkeye mentioned and see if they really are in there. The procedure file for KMCO have star's in it.As for signing with your name, please read the forum rules pinned at the top.

Guest Moviedirector20

Thank you for the prompt replys but I am sorry my parents forbid me to sign my name. Me personally I think I can trust you guys but I am not allowed to. They get very upset over this kind of thing. I am sorry but I also think that signing names being required is not a good idea. Such as a person in my situation, I am not allowed to sign my name so that means I can not use the forum? Also if my name was a typical everyday name I probably would but it is quite unique and probably very easy to trace so that is a personal security issue. If I am required to sign my name fine I will not post here I will be forced to bother PMDG support with all my issues or find a PMDG help forum that does not require names. See you for possibly the last time.

Guest Moviedirector20

My parents say I can use a nickname is this okay? I really think this forum is useful and helpful and wish to use it.