Sign in to follow this  
Guest sebastianmaguire

Really Basic Question

Guest sebastianmaguire

I am very new to all of this and am just starting to touch the edges of in depth flight simulation. I have not touched on any of the online facilities such as squarkbox etc.I am exploring my PDMG 737NG 700-900 and also my PSS A340 and so I'm just starting to understand the basics of FMC programming. I also have FS Build V.2 and can just about export a basic route.What I don't understand is whether or not I need to export the SID STAR's and how this differs from the SID STAR's available to choose on the FMC.Can anyone help or point me in the direction of understanding these basics.Many thanksSebastian

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks to the very great database that Terry supplies, most if not all the US (and some European) SID/STARs will be in the FMC. So, to answer your question, the main difference is that if I am flying online, and I file the Buckey1 dep out of PHX, and ATC clears me for the Stansfeld 1 dep (oh yea I would have to be an idiot if I filed the buckeye if I was flying southeast out of PHX ;)), then it would be simple, simple procedure to change the SID if I used the FMC to put in the SID. However, if I exported a flightplan, and then FMC clears me for another dep, I would end up having to delete several waypoints, and then enter the new ones.If FSBuild exports a plan w/out SID/STARs, then that is a good thing. Hopefully it exports the transition of the STAR, that way you can import the plan into the FMC, select your SID and transition (the one that was exported) and you won't have to deal with route discontinuities.