Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

A simple home-built MCP for PMDG 737 NG

Guest dirk1000

Hi PMDG flyers:The

Guest B1900 Mech

Nice! I wonder if there is a way to install nurmerical LCD readouts on each imput, so the unit could be self contained?

Guest dirk1000

Hi Anthony,This is a homebuild MCP.Please download from AVSIM library "mcp_for_pmdg_737_ng.zip" for full information.I am very interesed in your particular apreciation.RegardsDirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest dirk1000

Hi Jim, Yours is a good idea to.But things go a little harder, because you have to deal with software data in this area. When you press, as example, VNAV button, this input is first checked by the FMC and if all is OK, just then is accepted and the VNAV button light becomes on.For this reasons I used the available software screen info (displays and button lights).Mine is a very elemental project, just micro switches and a keyboard encoder.Thanks for your comments.Regards.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest legbeforewicket

Hello, I have thought about having the FMC on a touchscreen. Would this work? So when I pressed the alphanumeric keys or LSK it would be recognised. Do you need switches and an encoder for this?Looking good.ThanksAndrew

AndrewI use a Touchscreen as my secondary monitor and move my FMC (and the overhead) to it and it works just fine :-)See below...pmdg_touchscreen_small.jpgCheers! Rob

Guest FattyBear

O/T: Are those checklists between your throttle and joystick, and if so where can I get them? :)

Guest legbeforewicket

Hello,I think that is for me...Thanks. Did you need to do anything in particular to getting the touchscreen to work or does is it accepted as another windows monitor.I am toying with the idea of multi monitor set up. Maybe I can use this idea aswell.ThanksAndrew

AlexThe checklist is by Matthias Hoheisel and can be found in the Avsim downloads, search for "b737tng_normal_procedures.zip". I just printed the PDF (A5, booklet mode on the printer) and bound it accross the top at work (try any local printer that offers document finishing). Keeps everything to hand and is easier to work with than sheets of A4 stapled together :-eek...AndrewThe touchscreen does need drivers (have a look at www.elotouch.com, if memory serves!), but beyond that it just connects to the second VGA on my video card (ATI 9800 Pro). Enable the undockable screens in PMDG/Styles and you can reposition and press away :-)Rob

Guest dirk1000

Gentlemen,The PMDG 737 NG with the new MCP has passed 50 hs. of flight experience yet.With this test, the adjusting of minor details and adds of a checklist (over the encoder case) I finished the first stage of the project.The device works as was expected. The access to the keys in the MCP in the final face of an approach, when things may done with precision and in the most natural way (without a non-natural mouse interface) is for the pilot very appreciated. For this moment I have 3 kind of human interface: the keyboard; the mouse and the