Sign in to follow this  
Guest CFM56-5CP

Missing NAVAIDs from NAVDATA

Guest CFM56-5CP

NAVDATA.AT is doing a very good job, maintening the data base for several addon. I have just a regret ; TOO much navaids are missing in the airac proposed. It's just due to the origin of the data..... My suggestion to the PMDG team is ; - or doing a fictional airac directly from the navdatas (VOR,NDB,ILS and so on ) directly from thoses present in the actual FS9 data base. - sent me the format of the PMDG data files so I can make myself my own full database according to FS9.ThanksMichel

Hi MichelAny specific area this is related to? My experience is that Airac from Navdata are even more updated than the default Fs9 database.I suggest that you post this topic over at the Navdata forum, it may be possible to add what you are missing. The Airac files for PMDG are only text files. You may get Richard's permission to make your own additions for private use.

Guest NAVData

Hi Michel,can you send me the missing navaids? I can add it in the regular cycle, so all user can use it in the future ...Thanks,Richard

Guest CFM56-5CP

Sorry but as I know, the data base in FS9 is from jeppesen simulation database.The datas from navadata are from DATIF (US agency) and are not completed for Europe and other areas ( but very accurate for USA). By example, 1300 NDB are missing refered FS9 database. If you look for LFJL , the datas missing are NDB LOU / NDB MTZ and ILS/DME MLY + other Fixs.My request is to get a database as close as possible with the all the world.My request to PMDG Team is to have the to have a database for PMDG including all the datas of FS9 I'll contact shortly Navdata.at to sent a list of missing datasThanks

Guest NAVData

Hi Michael,sorry, but the datas are a merge between Jeppesen and DAFIF and not only DAFIF. The reason for some missing navaids/fixes are simple the copyright of Jeppesen.Second, the FS9 database is old, outdated since over 1 year i believe. The monthly cycles are not complete ok, but they are more accurate as the FS9 and that

Guest CFM56-5CP

Hi stephan , don't take it on the wrong side. I said in my first that you are doing a very good job...and i really think that I say. - my comment is the non completion for some areas and the lack is only comming from the datas source, not from your work. - as you are understand i prefer an old but complete set of data. - all flight and procedures I program are for west europe and I simply encountered to much time "unknown in data base".Try in the LFJL viciny " LOU, MTZ and MLY(ILS) are missingThanks for your reply , I to sent you the missing data at least for the end of the week.Michel