Sign in to follow this  
Gregone

Want to Fly without that Radio Noise ?

Well its very easy to do, I made this discovery on the weekenddont change your panel view till you reach your cruise altitude. Its that easy! I have tried this on several flightsover the weekend and just completed a three hour flight from YSSY to NZAA tonight. I hope this helps out anyone else havingthe same problem. Cheers Greg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hmmm GregWhat radio noise are you talking about? Are you talking about the ambient sounds in the NG cockpit? The recirc fan can be turned off on the overhead. That will silence the fan sound. The other sounds are rectifiers humming and the ASI vibrator ticking. Cheers,

Hi Mats, The sound just roars the only way you can enjoy your flight when this happens is to turn the sound off, you cant hear anything.This only happens when you go to spot view before crz alt. Any way i as i said it doesnot occur if you dont change to spot view till crz alt is reached.What can i say go figure? Cheers Greg :-wavehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest flyinggriffin

Are you talking about wind noise? With my old sound card and drivers I used to have a problem with some planes of sound dropping out and then when you made certain changes, roaring right back, usually after you turned up the volume in the control panel. Bob K.

Guest B1900 Mech

Sounds like he's talking about the soundblaster sound card issue? Try upgrading your sound card drivers.