Sign in to follow this  
Guest autothrottle

Fix Page

Guest autothrottle

Hello,I've a question about the Fix Page of the 737 PMDG FMC.When does we have to enter points into the Fix page of the FMC ?And why does we have to enter points into the Fix page of the FMC ? Thanks in advance.

Hi,Entering different navaids in FIX page can give you a better situational awareness especially during terminal procedures (SIDs and STARs)I would guess it's totally up to the PIC to enter any additional fixes in the FIX page. Usually you would look at any departure or approach charts to see which navaids could be useful to use.Pretty general answer I know. But hard to give any specific advice here.Maybe the real drivers have some additional information or corrections to my explanation.Hope it helps,

I recently asked a very similar question to a real driver for Alaska Airlines.He stated that he will always place one fix at the arrival airport, with both a /40 mile circle and a /10 mile circle. He said that this allows him an awarness of B and C airspace general outline, quote 'getting close, get the checks done'. The ten mile one is for a similar type of thing - 'OK, were on top of it, everything is quite and all checks are done - if visual - look up stupid'.He went on to state that since the NG does not provide an 'off path descent guidance' that you can use the second fix page to setup 'glide path circles' to nearest airports. So, in other words if both engines go on strike, can I make that airport from this altitude?hope this helps.actually our families are going to dinner tonight, he is a good freind. p.s. we are going to Busters BBQ, if you know Portland OR - you may know of the place (had to throw that in - dont expect anyone to know)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I use it for my KSJC departures where I must turn at a certain DME distance in relation to the SID. For instance LUPE 9 Deaparture requires a turn at 1.8 DME so I enter SJCVOR on the fix page then /1.8 into 2 L LSK and you get a nice green arc extending from SJC VOR on the ND's MAP. You can also make one (circle)on the MAP for when your center tank has about 1000 lbs so to remember to turn of the pumps ;-), this is done by some real pilots. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest rvdlaak

> You can also make one (circle)on the MAP for when your center>tank has about 1000 lbs so to remember to turn of the pumps>;-), this is done by some real pilots. Hi Randy, how can do I do this? Is this in the PMDG FMC manual or is it one of those pilot tricks? What would the term for it be, so I can look it up in more detail?many thanks,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Hello Ronnie, It is mentioned on page 65 of Bill Bulfer's 737 NG GUIDE. It states"Calculate the point on the route where you'll have approximately 1,500-2000 lbs of fuel remaining in the center tank. Enter this waypoint in a FIX page. You may need to use a distance circle. This will remind you to check the center tank quantity and to turn the pumps off before the quantity is less than 1,000 lbs."Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |