Sign in to follow this  
TheFiddler

737 NG "packaging"

Greetings,I am contemplating purchase of the 737 NG product, but am confused (or perhaps even unhappy :-)) about the current "packaging":I am interested in the 737 NG 600/700, which are in the "base" product. OK. But as I understand it, the 800/900 "upgrade" not only includes the larger models (in which I am not so interested), but also some [em]general[/em] improvements which would also apply to the 600/700.So, it seems that in order to get a "state of the art" 600/700, I would need to buy the upgrade product, too -- even though I don't want the extra models. And I do think that the sum total of both prices is rather steep (purely personal opinion, of course -- would be nice to have a really good "combined" price :-)).Then again, the recent Avsim review says that "PMDG's president Robert Randazzo says a -600/700 update is in the works so later you'll have the option to upgrade that package without buying the -800/900 too."That would be just the thing to solve my issue (and make me order at once :-) ). [small](Although it does make the current "packaging policy" look even a bit more, well, "unhappy".)[/small]Can someone (from PMDG) confirm if / when this 600/700 patch might indeed be available?Thanks in advance for any clarification! (And sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the forum already -- I did try to find a reply, but couldn't.)Cheers,Martin

Martin-Unfortunately- it appears that you have misunderstood the quotation you pulled above.The PMDG 737-800/900 adds functionality that you can only gain buy purchasing that product.We intend to add some functions to the 6/700 in a coming update, but as already discussed- those updates will be primarily to add some VC functionality.If you want the advanced features that were added with the 8/900- you'll have to purchase it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Popart

Okay, another question from another user (happy one):Will there be a disc vesrsion of the 800/900 upgrade? I am living in the Netherlands and I don't have a creditcard (don't want one). Perhaps it is possible to introduce PayPal as ordering option? This way I can transfer money from my bank account to my PayPal account without worrying about high intrest rates ;-) It would make me even a happier user, as for now the only way to get the upgrade (me want, me want) is if you have a creditcard.

Guest GeoffC

The way it was explained to me was that the real 737 has options which carriers choose to purchase, or not. The 800/900 PMDG release gave those options to all the models, and we paid for them like a carrier would, albeit at a much lower price .Personally I still tend to fly the 700 out of habit, but now I have the TCAS, Lower EICAS, many different glass layout styles etc.As you can fly the PMDG quite happily without the upgrade it shouldn't really be something that influences the purchase. Some add-on vendors charge big bucks for liveries, which only amuse me for a very brief period of time because I can't see them in the cockpit, and as such I wouldn't buy them. On the other hand PMDG has invested a lot of time adding technical enhancements that you can see and use every day, however this effort needs to be funded if people want it. Another way of looking at it is you at least have the option not to pay for the additions which makes entry to the PMDG world more affordable and with a predefined upgrade path.Over the past couple of years amongst other things I've bought the Dreamfleet 737 and the PSS 747. Not only have the writers not produced any paid for or free enhancements, they don't even run in FS9 (Not easily anyway). As it is I no longer view the Dreamfleet as a loss because I have something far better, however developers who are prepared to make enhancements need to eat in my view.Just my thoughts on the matter.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Rob -- much appreciated.Ditto to Geoff -- yes, I see your points.Joining "the gang" NOW... ;-)Cheers,Martin

Guest GabrielR

>Martin->>Unfortunately- it appears that you have misunderstood the>quotation you pulled above.>>The PMDG 737-800/900 adds functionality that you can only gain>buy purchasing that product.>>We intend to add some functions to the 6/700 in a coming>update, but as already discussed- those updates will be>primarily to add some VC functionality.>>If you want the advanced features that were added with the>8/900- you'll have to purchase it.>>Hi all, First Time in this forum!I own the CD version of 737NG and upgraded to 1.3.I am absolutely happy with this AC, without doubt is the best airliner ever designed for any sim. I am currenty finishing Day 3 of the tutorial, never had smother flight.Sorry to ask this again, my english is limited.. Does the 800-900 download add ANYTHING to the NG? Thanks guys.Gabriel RuizKMIANEW 737 Driver.

Guest mangold

Guten Tag Martin.Thanks for setting my 'contemplations' in proper English.Kind regards, G