Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

The PMDG 747 is not coming out....?

Scott,no release schedule has yet been set.

Guest Marc Harrington

We're working on it and the summer should heat up soon. Don't forget, June 21st was only yesterday.Quite the controversial subject line there...

it's still no summer yet, was my sentence and I mean with that: It was planned to be released in the summer anyway, but now it is summer. It's past 21th jun.

Guest FattyBear

Don't expect it anytime soon. I would imagine actual release would be Fall. Just a dumb guess :)

expecting it in fall has a major advantage... if it comes out in summer you'll have a nice surprise :DLuca

Guys, I guess you all know that summer start on the 21st of June and ends on the 20th of September...Give PMDG a break, don't be greedy and get into your cockpits of the 737 or Beech and enjoy what you have!! The less we bother PMDG with questions like when, when, when, the sooner we will be in the cockpit of the 747 !

Guest flyinggriffin

Now you know why a lot of folks don't put out any sort of release date. Sometimes I think developers shoot themselves in the foot by making it sound like the bird is about ready to roll out the hangar rather than just a bunch of concepts on paper and no hard code.If you want to get a good laugh about release dates, grab a gaming mag such as Computer Gaming World, and keep tabs on the release dates. Remember the term vaporware? Bob K.

Guest LLgaz

">>>Wed Jun-23-04 05:34 AMby AndyBrockbank :)

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot I heard in a reply to the PMDG747 subject that somebody said somewhere along the lines of "still no summer" about the release of the pmdg 747. Does this mean that the PMDG 747 is no longer estimated to be announced over the summer of 2004? Someone please let me know. Thanks. Kinda regards, Scott

Guest rcarlson123

Some game developers have an interesting way of handling the problem of announcing proposed release dates. One in particular is a game called "Tribes: Vengeance". The developer, Irrational Games, releases periodic screen shots to the gaming community press. At the bottom left of each shot is a line of text something like the following:Tribes: Vengeance (36% complete)There is wild speculation on exactly how that percent value is calculated (based on objectives met, lines of code, time, etc.) but it does give a relative indication of progress. Those that are anticipating the release are free to make their own projections as to when they hope to see the final game. The benefit is that it keeps the gamers informed without committing to a date. Obviously, some people still ask when it will be out, or when the beta will start, etc., but not nearly as many as would ask if there was no information conveyed. The main benefit is that the problem of having to push back release dates is eliminated, while still keeping the gaming public excited about the project.(There is no point to my reply here, just interesting in the context.)

Guest SimonRigby

Actually,No I didn't. In the UK we are half way through summer and its the first time I've noticed that the seasons in US are not in line with ours. I agree that we should just let them get on with it, but to make any of this more relevant for others, surely 1st quarter, 2nd quarter etc. would be more useful.Just dipping an oar in.Simon Rigby

:DDon't use the british seasons... they don't count... if you live in the london area you don't even have a summer. :) (11 months winter and 1 month it's not summer). Anyway summer begins on june 21st in the northern hemisphere, and that happens regardless of the sunny weather... ;)Luca

Guest niceguy2782

Okay .. lets kick this off.Firstly, UK has no seasons. The only one season is usually gloomy clouds and rain expected.It is summer here people 50C and counting .. I'm burnin' up and i need to cool down .. hence i need the 4 fans to do that .. :D

>>Firstly, UK has no seasons. The only one season is usually>gloomy clouds and rain expected.Just check out with the guys from Wimbledon, they'll tell you all about rain ;)

Guest Matthew Murray

Then there is, Scotland!Matthew Murray,[bR]AVSIM Online,Library Manager,mmurray@avsim.com