Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

The PMDG 747 is not coming out....?

Guest Sunnyzsz

Hey,Well I am more then happy to wait until fall as August is going to be a little crazy for me (and the bump).I think designing an aircraft should be like flying one!? It takes as long as it takes. Give me pics of it every so often and I am a happy lass!

Guest zip

A note about release dates: First, I think PMDG has a huge advantage not having to go through a distributor so there is less pressure to make a buggy product make it to gold distribution before it's ready. Let's not bug the development team and the beta team hard at work on making the next product!It arrives when it arrives.One thing I absolutely despise about software releases, especially in the gaming (however serious) industry, is that the longer people wait, the more the need to come up with creative rumors is felt about features, possibilities, etc... The product finally arrives with hype, and can fall far short of expectations, not because it's not a good product, but because the gaming public has built this stuff up too much.So, the plane will be ready when it's ready, and I'm sure that it will follow the previous quality work shown to date (still the best dang CRT displays I've seen in FS ever), and so as not to start rumors, the 747-400 actually has flight attendants that give you the three peanut bags (you can set the number of peanuts between 1, 2 and 3 in the config menu and select roasted or unsalted, pretzels will come in a patch), all the while you can see the wings flex with turbulence, oh, and of course the product increases your normal FPS by at least 30%.;)Loving to cause trouble,

Guest SimonRigby

Hey,We do have summer in Scotland. It was today .. oh and a couple of days last week :).Simon Rigby

Guest cargo747

Guys,summer... what is summer? Here - in the Heart of Europe (ELLX) we are happy to see some days without clouds, wind, rain etc... On the otherhand last years summer was something quite a few people don`t like to remember - hot, sticky, humid - weeks of +40C (+100F`s)...So, let`s all hope the developing team will bring sunshine SOON to all of us... The sun will even shine brighter and warmer if it is in the form of a "Freighter" :-) and has different engines types ;-)Cheers,Norbert - CLX001www.virtualcargolux.orgtakeoff.jpg

>">>>Wed Jun-23-04 05:34 AMby AndyBrockbank <<<">>Hmmm........practicing self censorship Andy? :)>Yep - saved the moderators from ditching the response and handing a right ole bollocking for what I said - which they did anyway (ditched it that is)Andy b

>First, I think PMDG has a huge advantage not having to go>through a distributor so there is less pressure to make a>buggy product make it to gold distribution before it's ready. >For some reason the release of Fly!II pops into my mind...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest venquessa

Simon,Im in the UK and in the Northern Hemisphere Summer commences at the summer soltice, not before, not after. Thats why it's called the summer soltice.In school they tell you, "Summer is June July August", It's not. It's 21/22 June to 20/21 Sept. Ends on the Autumn equinoz (night the same as day).When the day is longer than the night you have spring. When the day is at it's longest you have summer, autumn begins when they are equal again and winter when you have the shortest day.

Guest david248

What if it doesnt come out i mean its already the 28th of july and no 747 i want it to come out so bad people give us feed back people of pmdg give us feed back reply to this as soon as possible :-(

Mr ____? You need to sign your name on your psots in this forum, thank you. PMDG have been very clear already. The 744 is in the production phase. Work is now geared towards this product and as soon as the beta phase happens PMDG should let folks know here on the forum. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest georg

As I remember some years ago most addons were with set release dates. But then some big company stopped announcing the release dates and then everybody followed them. I can't remember how it exactly started, but I can recall that for example even Captain Sim C-130 had a wide release date marked a year ago when it said Summer 2003 :D But now its October 2004 or something like that. Ofcourse its easier to just work behind the scenes and tell nothing to the customers, to be honest, its hard to tell anything as you dont have an exact development plan made for every day and there may be plenty of things that need to be added that oyu didn't know about before. For example, if Boeing gives an order to PMDG to make the 777, they probably want to set up a due date. Then PMDG can make a plan and start building faster or slower to be ready on the due day. But as they are making the products on their own, without nobody's request, they have no limits. And let's just hope that the product will be out this fall maybe :) At least there is one thing that is different from waiting for other developers products - PMDG has proved itself with 737 and we all know that they are only making good products. We KNOW that the 747 will be awesome and there's no doubt at all. That's most important.

If the release of the PMDG 747 is still some ways off then when it finally does appear we may only be a few months before FS2006 and goodness knows what that will mean for third party developers. Even after release history suggests it is likely to be a further six months before the wrinkles are ironed out. Given all this it would not surprise me if PMDG decides to make the 747 a FS2006 release. Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest kavan2

A girl who likes flight sims i have never encountered this phenomina before, be nice if there were more :-)Kavan

Microsoft haven't even confirmed FS2006 yet. If it was only a few months away they'd be promoting it, and the beta testers would be testing itI can assure that there is nothing in beta and no new version of MSFS is due within the next few months. Unless you count 12+ months a few ;)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Callmecapt

A member of the Simulated mile high club?;)Goran

It is now nearly the start of August, if the 747 release is still some months away it could be the end of the year. Then from that time to the FS2006 release it may only be a few months. If you add a further period to iron out the bugs that even the very best products inevitably have then the release of FS2006 may be quite close. Of course the big caveat in all of this is the intentions of MS and on these I agree we are still somewhat in the dark. But I think we can firstly I assume that MS intend to continue the MSFS product line, and as I recall MS more or less confirmed this a couple of months ago during the fuss over the Train Simulator cancellation. Secondly, since FS98 MSFS releases have been every two years except for FS2004 which was about three months less. On that basis a release in July 2005 is possible but considering the lack of any indication from MS it is more likely to be October. On the other hand I suppose the release could be delayed to coincide with the next release of Windows in 2006. Something else that may slow things down is the current slow pace of hardware development. Even with the very best hardware available you still can't run FS2004 flat out with high density scenery, max AI, max cloud and sophisticated addon aircraft. An annoncement from MS on their intentions would certainly help but I'm not expecting any.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."