Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrGnome

FMC Font

Guest MrGnome

Is it possible to change the FMC font in the PMDG 737? Now it's white and doesn't look like an fmc font. Is this truly a correct font for the next gen FMC?The font is very different from for example, dreamfleet's 737, which i think looks more realistic. And isn't it supposed to be green?

Hi Mr (nameless?)1) Welcome to the forum, as a friendly advise, remember that you must sign your posts with your name as per forum rules (pinned at the top here).2) You can change the color on the CDU, it's described in the manual, introduction chapter.3) The font is pretty close in regards to this FMC, i think it's the Smiths one. But there are several out there, Honeywell, Collins..

Guest MrGnome

Oops.Thank You for the help. Must have missed the colour changing. Like it green :) The font on the above link doesn't look a lot like the one in the sim i.m.o. I think the PMDG FMC is too fat and too "pointy"... Well, I've never seen a real live FMC, so perhaps I'm wrong here. sorry ;)/Joachim

Guest MrGnome

>I guess you would like to have the FMC like this ;-) :>Cheers>>ThomasYes! That's the one! :) What FMC is that? it looks more like the dreamfleet 737 fmc. (Which was cooler i.m.o. the buttons moved when you pressed them) Perhaps something PMDG could aim for in the next release ;)/Joachim

Guest thscholz

>What FMC is that? it looks more like the dreamfleet 737 fmc.No Sir, it's the excellent FMC from PMDG.I just used another font (which I found on the net) and changed the text in Paint Shop Pro.CheersThomas

Guest MrGnome

OH, You went through all that trouble for me? :) That's nice of you! Yes, well perhaps it is possible to change the font in pmdg as well? Any PMDG people here that might have a clue? :)/JoachimP.S, what font is that? it's perfect

Let me CORRECT something, that CDU is no longer the PMDG 737 NG CDU, that is on the older non updated versions. Fonts have been discussed in the past, I think they are ok, sure anything can be made more pefect ;-). As for the GREEN displays, there are of course some NGs with green displays or one with WHITE and GREEN lol, just search on airlines.net to see.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Mr Earhart, read the posts again, Thomas said: "I just used another font (which I found on the net) and changed the text in Paint Shop Pro"

Guest thscholz

>> Let me CORRECT something, that CDU is no longer the PMDG 737>NG CDU, that is on the older non updated versions.As I don't have the flight sim here where I'm writing this, I took the picture of the FMC from Timothy Metzinger's tutorial:-halo >> Fonts have been discussed in the past, I think they are ok,>sure anything can be made more pefect ;-). >I agree. It's not the correct font, but it's O.K. and there are other things that are more important.CheersThomas

Hey Thomas, Can you GUESS what the very FIRST thing I suggested when this product was under way? :-) so I am with you guys on this one but really I desire some other things more so don't bother unless eveything else is complete ya know?. That being said, the fonts have been changed since the first editions and I do believe they could be done a bit more but sometimes pressing issues take the time away from these items. The man to request this is Mr Merton. Oh you know I had to plug my version of the CDU ;-) shamless I am at times. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest thscholz

>> Hey Thomas,>> Can you GUESS what the very FIRST thing I suggested when this>product was under way? :-) ...that PMDG should start the development of the 747???:-hah Just kidding.CheersThomas