Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Which aerobatic aircraft add-on for FS2002 you want to see first?

Guest Lindy

This seems to be falling behind......hopefully, this will bring the poll back to the top page.-Lindy :-wave

I was too "stupid" yesterday to see the "post message to this poll" box. I wanted to make mention that Rob Young of Realair Simulations has been going "all out" to pefect stalls & spins in their new SF260 aircraft for FS2002. Until now, FS2002 has had some trouble in duplicating spins. Actually from a tower view, I can get some fantastic looking spins , but they need help with aileron & also increase in speed. With this ongoing programming from Realair, I've been waiting to see how it turns out & then what farther applications can be done with other aerobatic planes for FS2002.However............. I do expect "nausea" pills to be supplied with each Realair plane for the added realistic effect!! :)L.Adamson

>With this ongoing programming from Realair, I've been waiting to see how it turns out & then what farther applications can be done with other aerobatic planes for FS2002.

>Is it right that Robs hundreds of hours work to solve this >FS2002 fault should be freely available to any takers >freeware or more importantly Commercial ware. NOPE ------ It will be his "baby"!!!>>Any aircraft which does spin in FS2002 after our release >will be a direct copy from RealAir Simulations and hence >stolen from Robs work. If it's the same technique---------- then yes!L.Adamson

Guest captainsim

>This is attached to Captain Sims survey and my point isnt >directed at them as I always admire work from their stable. Thanks for the kind word, Peter. >Any aircraft which does spin in FS2002 after our release >will be a direct copy from RealAir Simulations and hence >stolen from Robs work. I can't agree here. FM files architecture is open and pretty much stright forward and nobody should monopolize any aerobatic manoeuvre or laws of aerodymanics :). Many people can "invent" spin.But if your spin is very good you'd think about licensing of the code. Some commercial developers would rather purchase the license than to invest many hours into own research of spin.Alex Pogensky

Peter, We have chatted in the past, and I have nothing but respect for what You, Rob, and all the Real air guys have accomplished. However I find the statement "Any aircraft which does spin in FS2002 after our release will be a direct copy from RealAir Simulations and hence stolen from Robs work.No aircraft in FS2002 at present Spins."To be abit overstated. I know Rob, has done great things for The fly! series, and now for MS, but just because someone else finds the solution to the spin also, doesn't make them a thief. At this time it is true that nothing to my knowledge spins correctly in Fs2k2 That doens't mean that there isn't one, or that there won't be one from another source. I have stumbled across Aircraft on the Net that never made an appearance here, or seen posts from others who have found aircraft that I never knew existed in Fs. Back to basics, my main point is that branding someone a thief because their product may act like yours is wrong. If the code is the same I'd yell Thief! If it is different I'd Yell Thank you! Hope you can see my point, and thanks for the hard Work you guys have given us.Al

AlWe have yet to find an aircraft which spins in FS2002 in anything like a realistic manner(point me to one that does?.My post was as a response to Larry who stated that now RealAir had cracked the spin many more aerobatic aircraft would be spinning in the future.His implication was that the hundreds of hours spent trying to achieve that had been done for the benefit of other commercial organisations who now would also be able to have spinning aircraft.It would be unusual that no aircraft in the life of FS2002 had spun if all of a sudden a number do after we release our SF260 ;-)My comments were aimed at Larrys post naming RealAir Simulations and I repeat not directed at Captain aircraft whos products I have always and still do admire.Its not impossible that someone will crack the spin through their own efforts but unlikelyPeter

Yak-52 and Yak-50 are my choice :9 waiting for all your planesregardsEricson

>His implication was that the hundreds of hours spent trying >to achieve that had been done for the benefit of other >commercial organisations who now would also be able to have >spinning aircraft. >I hope you don't mean me...... as the "His". As far as I'm concerned RealAir would own the rights to their "spin" just as Steve Small, Ron Freimuth, & all the rest------- own their specific air.files to be released as payware or freeware at their discretion. I can assume the RealAir "spin" will have it's own specific markings to identify it, just as those of Steve Small's. When someone else attempts to use the specific file for any type of distribution, then you'll know.L.Adamson