Sign in to follow this  
Tyler Reilly

Project Static....

Hi, everyone-I have held off on adding anything to my artificial intelligence arsenal because 99.5% of my flights are flown while connected to VATSIM, and well, things would just get ugly, if you can picture the scene.Far more to the point........Is there a way to add Project AI planes to an airport as :-eek STATIC :-eek scenery? I would love to have traffic sitting at the gates when I land back home in San Francisco, or my usual trip to Las Vegas - both airports currently have the same look to them as Kai Tak.....Is anyone aware of a way to make Artificial Intelligence aircraft stationary? I'd love to find a way to add life to my favorite places!-TRtreilly04@hotmail.com

Guest Joshieca

You don't have to use PAI planes, but anyone would do...Simply make some AI flight plans that dont go anyway...exampleAC#136,BASNLD,37%,24Hr,IFR,00:01:10,00:00:00,100,F,0012,KSAN,00:01:15,00:00:00,100,F,0095,KSANI have never tired it, but it should work....the plane would depart KSAN at GMT: 00:01:10 and then depart KSAN again at GMT: 00:01:15. It should, in theory, appear, remain there until departure time, taxi for 5 seconds, disappear, and then reappear in the parking spot at GMT:00:01:15, and remain there for 24 hours.[div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

I believe AI, whether static or dynamic, are disabled if connected to multiplayer capabilities. You can however make static scenery, i.e., buildings, aircraft, with Airport for Windows. The problem with static aircraft is they interfere with AI aircraft when you are not using multiplayer capabilities.

Fantastic, guys - thank you so much for your replies. I'm heading over to www.airportforwindows.com to see if I can figure out exactly what I'm trying to do (I'm no scenery designer, for Goodness' sake :-)).Again, thanks!-TRtreilly04@hotmail.com

Thanks so much for the links - now, if I can only figure out how to make this all work, I'll get into it. Are you aware of any tutorials for a lame-o first-timer like myself?-TRtreilly04@hotmail.com

There is a dated tutorial for Airport for Windows website, but all programs come with a lot of fine reading material. So RTFMs and dig in, it could be a lot of fun.