Sign in to follow this  

Question: Is this a card going bad, or a driver issue

I have been having some trouble with my video lately. Very infrequently in FS2002, and more frequently in IL-2, my system will freeze in a pattern of coloured vertical lines. Sometimes the sound will be affected as well, sometimes not. Only a hard re-boot will work - though the machine does not go through the blue screen disc check proceedure when re-booting. My system is a:Dell 1.9 gig 423 pin p4 Leadtek GEForceII TNTPro 64mg video card Driver: 5-13-01-2183 from the Leadtek website. Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card Driver 5.12.1.4161 from the Turtle Beach website. 724mgs of RAMMultiple Monitors using a Matrox PCI Card for monitor number 2Saitek and PFC controlsXP Home Upgrade versionAny help would be appreciated - do I need a new card?

Well, I don't know how much this will help, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a video card going bad unless it is overclocked or otherwise abused. Since it is a Dell system, is the video integrated on the motherboard? If not I would try pulling out the video card and reseating it. I used to have all kinds of different lockups and crashes. I changed cards, drivers, OS, was about to go nuts when I started pulling out the memory modules. I turns out one of my memory modules was bad and was causing the problems all along. Sure do enjoy the new video card and OS tho!