Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

The MAAM R-4D lives on!

Guest Matt Johnson

Check our front page for a hot press release from the new MAAM-SIM R-4D Team!If you guys are anything like me, the declaration that this is "good news" is probably an understatement! :-lol--M

"is probably an understatement"Yeah well, I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee yet! I hate waking up to something like that; gets my heart going too fast too early!!! :-lol

Guest Heather 636

This is great news. I've got to get some money over their way; even as poor as I am I think I can scrape up at least five bucks.Besides, as much as I fly their DC-3's, I'd feel awfully guilty if I didn't.Thanks for this great news!Cheers!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Guest KenG

That is excellent news. I was so hoping that someone would step in and fill the great* shoes of Roy Chaffin. I'll do my part to help out and I look forward to the R4D. That B25 looks absolutely amazing as well.* author uses this word in a most sarcastic tone.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! I am glad that this will be the team to finish it off. Good group of folks. It shows that a real team is made up of individuals working towards a common goal for the benefit of all. A team cannot have self interest within. I am the proud owner of the CD version and love it. It's a worthwhile cause and to keep these aircraft in the air for future generations to see is our duty, especially aviation nuts like most of us are. Again, FANTASTIC NEWS and I can't wait to see its debut.Don

YEEEH, GREAT NEWS!!!WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY !!! :-lol :-lol :-lolhm (a DC3 lover)

Guest eko

Hmmm... is it just me, or did the new MAAM press release sound quite critical of Roy in a very underhanded, sly way? :) (Not that I think it's unwarranted.)I mean, come on... anti-piracy code that limits users, not reconsidering the fact that he personally put the museum in a finacially worrysome position... I said it before in another post... these do not sound like the actions of an individual who has the interests of the museum fundraising first and foremost.

Guest joea

Guys, I too am pleased as punch not only for the DC3 but boy I am looking forward to recreating the Doolittle raid with that B25!!!! One question though, while I'll gladly donate AGAIN to the Maam fund, I have a Cd version of the MAAM. (The fs2000 as it tunrs out). I had to get the code to unlock the fs2002 update, how will current users install the new Gmax version? Will we need a new update or what would like some clarification. Thanks.

Guest Stardog

WOW that is awesome news!!!!!!Made my whole weekend hearing this :)I cant wait for both of those planes !!!!Talking about maybe doing a Beach 18 also, that would be great as well!!!Good things to come for all of us :)

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) even as poor as I am (...)"Heather, I've noticed you mention this before. Are you kidding, are you exaggerating, are you just "moderately" poor like in not being able to keep up with the Joneses, or are you REALLY in bad circumstances? If the latter, I'm sure the community here can do something about that. For starters: would 50$ help you see the end of the month? Or are your problems on a totally different level, where such an amount would be too insignificant to do any good? Not prying, just trying to figure out if I can help solve an apparent problem.

Yes.. exciting news indeed, out with the restrictions and bans by certain folk and in with good ole' fashioned spririt of flightsimming enthusiasts!! I like the whole idea of supporting MAAM too.I have Fred Bantings Beaver collection, so with Roy finally out and Fred in with Bill and Jan.. this is awesome news for the community.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.comhttp://www.douglasdc3.com/1/dc3.jpg

Im just glad the project lives on. The politics of it are of little concern to me.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg