Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard

CH YOKE USB FALLS ASLEEP!

While on long flights with a B767, say after 35 minutes, my CH USB Flight yoke stops working. Each time I have to pause the sim and use Alt-Tab to go to Windows Me game controller configuration window. Each time I find that its says that the device is connected and "OK."When I use the properties tab and test the controls, they do not respond. I unplug the CH Yoke from my hub, then replug and after the CH Yoke is detected by Windows again, I have control of the yoke's control features again. I a not using rudder pedals, and have the sim on auto coordinate rudders with yoke.I have a Pent4 2.2ghz, 512 meg ram, SB Audigy, GeForce Ti4600, and Win Me. I also use a usb hub, and still have the same problem when I plug the yoke directly in the pc.Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,I have the same problem, What I have done to correct this until there is a fix. I just unplug and re-plug in the USB port. The yoke is found again and I can continue to fly. I purchased a USB Jetliner flight yoke from PFC $900.00+ dollars. PFC knows about this USB problem and they are working to correct it. So it seems its not just CH Products that are having a problem.MichaelCFII SEL

I also had this problem, it is just the power saving feature of your Operating System disconnecting the Controller.Just go into the Device manager, locate your controller and look for the option that allows your computer to turn off that device after long periods of inactivity.. if you can't locate this option then go to your USB Properties and think there's an option there too... Had this problem for a long time until I found this was the solution.Rgds,

Acutally, guys, it's not a USB problem w/your port. I troubleshot this quite extensively with the man who wrote the driver for CH. What we finally figured out (and this won't happen to everyone but it might fix your issue) is the use of the CH Manager in Direct or Mapped mode. I was using CHM in direct for ever, but my controllers kept "dropping" out. Things that I had plugged into the same 4 port hub would work just fine and WinXP was none the wiser.Well, I switched to mapped mode and I haven't had a problem since. So, just turn on mapping. I still use FS2K2 to do my button mapping, but you can have the CHM do it, I suppose.Hope this helps. You can also download a little utility, CMStart, that will automatically map the controllers as you left them before the prior shutdown. This is a tray program, but once it maps the controllers, it unloads itself so it won't take any resources. I have to be looking for it to catch it during startup.Chris

Guest Howard

USB 2 may solve this. It fixed for my CH pedals.

Howard,Where do you get USB 2?Thank You!Bill

Guest Howard

My motherboard was fitted with it as standard (MSI K7T266 Pro2 RU - Jan 2002) but I think there are many more available now. Alternatively there are PCI cards available providing multiple USB 2. Microsoft have suitable USB 2 drivers for Win XP. There is no need to use CH drivers (for the pedals at least).Do a search on the web for technical information.Howard