Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Is there a Long EZ ..............

Guest Lindy

.... available somewhere for FS2K2. If so, can someone give me the website or a link. Also, does anyone have a website where I can find the Allouette helicopter. I've been told I should really try it out. I did a search in Avsim's Library, for both the helo and the LongEZ, but came up with zip.Thanks in advance for any help.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Heather 636

No idea on the Long EZ, but perhaps this will get you close:Vari Eze The Vari Eze was designed in 1974 by Burt Rutan. The first Vari-Eze (Model 31 registration number N7EZ was built in 1975 and was powered by a converted Volkswagen engine. The second prototype registration number N4EZ was completed in early 1976. By Rans14 778 kb http://www.fsfreeware.com/dcd/FS2002/Aircraft/index-113.htmlVari-Eze_2k2.zipThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpgAs far as the Allouette, surely somewhere, but you already know where I stand with those strange contraptions. ;) No idea hun.Good luck!Heather

There is an Allouette 3 helicopter for FS2000 in the libraries here that should work fine under FS2002 (alouet3.zip).This link gives you something called a Long EZ 20 (don't know if that's what you're looking for) apparently for FS2002 (it might be FS2000, but most of the site is in Japanese, I believe).http://www5.nkansai.ne.jp/users/kazu_okm/index.htmI can look further if these aren't what you want.

Guest Lindy

Thanks, Heather. I've been to that site before but forgot to bookmark it at that time. I've corrected that oversight now. I got the EZe plus a chopper (not the Allouette) AND some interesting sceneries. When I'll have time to install all this stuff, much less fly the planes or visit the sceneries..... I have no idea! :-hah-Lindy :-wave

Guest Lindy

Thanks, Mike.....I'll check out the FS2K chopper here. The EZe that Heather steered me to is close enough to what I was looking for. But I might look at your link anyway. Thanks again.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Heather 636

Now you're starting to sound like me! Fly? What's that?Already feverishly working on the "2nd Edition" of the Scenery listing I did yeterday. Got some leads to some NEAT new stuff, plus this one, in Word, will be a lot more user friendly with "clickable" direct links to the download sites.May even include pictures where available. I know, just can't leave well enough alone. Always have to be tinkering.Cheers!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;)

Hi Lindy,That Rans14 EZ uses the default Mooney air file, so the performance is rather surprising - consider that the EZ usually had a Continental O-200 while the Mooney uses a turbo-charged IO-550.You might give the Kazu EZ a try - the graphics are very nice.Best regards.Luis

Guest Lindy

Thanks Luis. Where would I find this Kazu EZ? I finally found an Alouette III, but ran into a question when I tried to install it. The ReadMe gave the usual instructions, then said to put the gauges files into the FS Gauge folder. Simple enough, right? But there were NO gauges files!!! :-eek So until I figure this out (or find another version someplace), the Alouette goes into my "Not Installed" folder on my hard drive. :-roll Also last night I decided to try out the French Bell 47 chopper that a friend sent to me. Cool looking craft, all right but I'm not crazy about the panel (though it may be very realistic). Can I use any chopper panel that I have?Well wishes.-Lindy :-wave

Lindy,The Kazu is the link that I posted for you -- that's what Luis is referring to.I'll look around some more for the Aloutte.

Guest Lindy

Thanks Mike. That's the first of two A IIIs at Simviation. I grabbed the second one. But I'll look at this one too. Both designed by the same fellow though. The other one.... a Swiss Air rescue chopper had a panel folder, but no gauges files.... go figure. Oh....I went and got the Kazu EZ. Nice looking little plane. I sure hope the installation Read Me is in English! :-lol Thanks again for your efforts.-Lindy :-wave