Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

Miami Airport FMC problem Runway Problem

Guest bobsk8

I downloaded the latest version of PMDG Sidstars_0407 and when I try to select an approach for KMIA ( Miami International) I get an error that states "Runway 08L unknown, as soon as I go to the Approach page." I looked at the MIA file and everything appears to be OK. I did notice however that in FS9 , they show the runways at Miami as 9R-27L and 9L-27R and 8-26, while the navdata MIA file in PMDG ( which I believe is the correct one) shows an 8L-26R and 8R-26L and a 9-27. I believe the problem is the FS9 runways are incorrectly labeled, but I am at a loss as to how to fix it. Anyone else run into thisBob

Guest schmidtrock

Hi Bob,The reason for this is the new Airac Cycle is showing the new runway at KMIA 08L is the new one. 08R and 09 are what used to be 09L and 09R. This can't be fixed in FS9 until the next version. Incidentally on the KZMA forum I read a NOTAM where all VATSIM controllers were going to stick with the old designation and ignore the new runway until it is added into FS9. Here is a link to the new APD http://avn.faa.gov/d-tpp/0407/00257AD.PDF Regarding your error message, you need to install both the SIDSTAR0407 and AIRAC 0407 available from navdata.at for all kinds of addons including the PMDG. Hope this helps.Regards,

Guest fleischer

hi!Same Problem. Can't this be fixed by an addon scenery like fly Miami or any further scenerys? By the way, i also have the problem at Paris that no Sid or stars are available and i get an error message.ThanksMarcello

Guest fleischer

Hi !The LFPG Error is "Burex unknown"Marcello

The fix is easy - just go in and edit your active AFCAD2 file for KMIA to renumber the runways to match AIRAC 0407. I use the Fly Tampa Miami scenery and edited the furnished AFCAD2 file as follows: Old New --- 8L/26R (new northern-most runway) 9L/27R 8R/26L 9R/27L 9/27 12/30 No changeDon't need to change anything else - ILS frequencies remain the same. You'll be able to select the right procedure in the PMDG FMC and have the FS9 ATC direct you to the new runway designations. Works for me.Jerry PostKORF

Guest schmidtrock

Yes you are right Jerry! I have FlyTampa Miami also and forgot that the new rwy was in place. Good Call.Regards,

Marcello,A little bit OT, but as info: As the PMDG_SIDSTARS package don't contain LFPG, the procedure file for LFPG you have is most likely one downloaded from Navdata. This file don't match AIRAC cycle 0407. The BUREX navaid is no longer a part of Airac, and this triggers your error message. The BUREX STAR procedures are most likely removed or renamed.But you can find a more updated one that will function together with the current airac here: http://stefltt.free.fr/FlightSim/Downloads...MDG_SIDSTAR.php

Guest fleischer

Per,Thanks a lot for the LFPG File. I think it will fix my Problem.Marcello

Guest bobsk8

>The fix is easy - just go in and edit your active AFCAD2 file>for KMIA to renumber the runways to match AIRAC 0407. I use>the Fly Tampa Miami scenery and edited the furnished AFCAD2>file as follows:>> Old New> --- 8L/26R (new northern-most runway)> 9L/27R 8R/26L> 9R/27L 9/27> 12/30 No change>>Don't need to change anything else - ILS frequencies remain>the same. You'll be able to select the right procedure in the>PMDG FMC and have the FS9 ATC direct you to the new runway>designations. Works for me.>>Jerry Post>KORFWhere do I find that file, and do I need anything special to edit it? Bob

Guest fleischer

Bob,Go to your FS9/PMDG Folder, there you'll find a folder called SIDSTARS,.Look for the Textfile KMIA and open it with the Editor.Now enter the lines.Marcello

Guest bobsk8

I have a question on the AIRAC 0407, which I downloaded and installed yesterday. What is that modifing, data in PMDG, or nav data in FS9? Bob

Believe he was referring to the AFCAD file. Quickest way (and since you have to use AFCAD to edit the file anyway) is to search AFCAD using the ICAO code. If you have a MOD file, then edit that one. If using stock airport, then there should only be one AFCAD labeled STOCK and edit that.Jerry PostKORF