Sign in to follow this  

How does your state rank with Microsoft?

Actualy the vemont one is there.......It's just 4 miles from where it's supposed to be!!!! I appears just to your left as you Depart from EF Knapp State (KMPV)runway 35 at about 4 miles from the threshhold (it's suppose to be on your right at about 3 miles out)I've used FS Scenery enhancer to place a state house in the right place howeverthe first pic shows the default vermont Statehouse location.the second shows the real dealBrian

Guest GabrielR

Florida:Big differrences, As far as Miami, the Airport including all the major expressways are modelled. Miami is "very detailed", the stadiums, and some of the major buildings are where and how they supposed to be, It's worth to take a look in a very low VFR over the coast and Miami Beach. When it comes to west palm beach..... that looks like the Bermuda triangle; suddenly over that city your FPS drop form average 18 in my system to 0.2 (yes! 0.2) that looks like a Powerpoint Presentation. going to the south over the Keys the view is great, there's even a meteorological ballon that I could see in real life in my last trip to key West. Nice to see with the environmental upgrades, the custom trees, ocean textures, and of course Autogenius. Right now, If you want to make a virtual travel to the "Sunshine State" you gotta do it IFR, it's been raining for 3 weeks and the Airport has been closed average 4 hours a day because of bad weather ( I live very close to the middle marker of 9L. Actually, it's a nice opportunity to use Flightmax and chase a couple of thunderstorms out there!!

I know that when most people think of Arizona, they think of a small, hot state with a big long hole in it. (Which isn't far from the truth :-lol) But just the other day I was looking at some FAA statistics for the world's busiest airports in terms of passengers served in 2001, and Phoenix ranked as number 11 in the world with approximately 35 million passengers. Phoenix used to be the 8th most populous city in the nation, and I believe it has moved up the list.Anyhow, the state capitol building is the only custom building that FS has for the entire state of Arizona. I felt that they should at least have modeled the Hilton and Bank One Ballpark, which are easily seen and distinguished from Sky Harbor. And if the city textures were to be at all realistic, you'd be able to see a swimming pool in practically every backyard throughout the city. :-)Oh, yeah, and Scum Devil Stadium is easily visible on the 25 and 26 runway approaches ... in real life, anyway.jkvato1.jpg

Maryland's is there in Annapolis, it's just hard to see.

Well, I grew up in Ohio but live in Iowa now. Your statement sounds like some of the questions I get when mentioning Ohio or Iowa to some dummy..."Is that the potato state?" :-roll :)Craig

O.K. Based on feedback, I went and re-examined some cities and have moved 4 states off the MIA list. Ohio is now group 1. Thanks Lizardo, I would have never figured out that the "bagel on the shoe box" as you called it was the capital building.Wyoming is now group 2a. I don't know how I missed this. I must have been asleep when I finally reached Cheyenne :) Its pretty obvious just sitting on the runway.Maryland and Vermont are both group 2c. No excuses here. I just missed 'em. This particular model is smaller than the others and the darker coloring makes it really hard to see from any distance. I had to turn autogen completely off to find Maryland's in all the clutter.This still leaves 10 states MIA.

Based on the Ohio experience, I searched the web for pictures of the capitals for the still missing states. Turns out that North Dakota and Louisiana are both present, they just don't look anything like what I was expecting (in addition, Louisiana's is about 4 miles south of where my map shows it.) And, as pointed out above, I just plain missed Missouri, so these 3 are "promoted out of the Leper Colony". Missouri joins 20+ other states in the 2a group while ND and LA go to group 1.I've re-examined the remaining 7 carefully and they all remain MIA. Kentucky required some deliberating. There IS a building in the right spot and the ground texture around it shows its suppossed to be important. The problem is that it bears not the slightest resemblance to the photos I found. So after much thought, Kentucky remains on "the list".That leaves the (hopefully) final tally at 12 custom, 31 generics, and 7, Connecticut, Delaware, Kentucky, Nebraska, New York, Oklahoma, and Virginia, missing. And still no clue as to why these 7 were left out. I can't find any pattern to city size, state size, number of Mac or Linux users, presence of Sun Microsystems offices, or anything else that they have in common.