Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

And for the defendant, Mr. Roy Chaffin, m'lud ....

OK, neck on the block. I suspect, in the light of recent developments, that long-time freeware developer Roy Chaffin is close to the edge of a cliff by now - I know I would be. Roy, don't jump. My own view and, clearly, that of others, is that Roy made a mistake in his handling of the recent R4D-6 situation. He may not think so, who knows, but if he does, I can only guess at how uncomfortable he must feel today. We all make mistakes, but for any mistake to be so public is a sad thing. My point is that Roy has made an enormous contribution to our flightsim world - and I, for one, would like to thank him for everything he's done to date.I want, I want, that new R4D-6 as much as anyone: Jan and Bill (and team) have my utmost respect and encouragement for their future plans. In all recent dialogue, however, I have yet to see one post (although I don't LIVE in the forums) thanking Roy for his freeware work for what, at the end of the day, is a game. So here's one: thank you, Roy.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

So long as we in the FS community get to enjoy the fruits of the labor, Im content to let the internal relationships of all these folks remain their private business. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

A group of highly talented and motivated individuals working as a team is not easy. I feel that with having read about both sides of the issue that although professionally Jan has parted that they still support each other as human beings. I have had nothing but positive experiences with those folks. And yes thanks to Roy for all his efforts and fun that he has provided for our GAME.RegardsTony Ascaso, RN

Mark,I join you in saying thanks to Roy! Independently of what happened (shall we say that this is a private matter concerning only the parts involved?) I want to express my deep admiration for Roy

Edmundo Azevedo

Well said all. I benefitted from Jan & Bill & Roy's work (and others unknown to me in my ignorance), and MAAM benefitted and will again. All have my greatest respect and thanks.PH

Ok,Ok...I will restrain myself.:-eekBut this is like asking Jay Leno not to include any jokes about Martha Stewart in his opening dialog!:-lolThe possibilities for one-liners and meaningful retorts is endless!Pure torture! One thing I have to mention (to save the time of others) is that you may thank "Him" as much as you want on these forums, but don't expect an acknowledgement or for it to even be seen by him. In his own words and I quote: "I do not waste me time reading forums, and would strongly recommend you don't either." To make this post have some worthwhile meaning, I would like to thank the VATSIM controllers in Boston once again for their outstanding service last night! (At least THEY will see my words of gratitude) :) (Also posted on the VATSIM forum)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I was WONDERING when you'd get in on this! I was holding my tongue (fingers), but I knew I could count on you to tell it like it is! :-beerchug

BobK

Okay, well, regardless of how you may feel about Mr. Chaffin, he has contributed considerably to the hobby, and we'll now close this thread to prevent it from heading down slander lane.