Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crazed One

PDF manuals, do not duplicate? Kinkos?

Guest Crazed One

Ok, I just copied all the PMDG manual pdfs to a cd and was about to drop it off at Kinko's for printing/binding and while adding up the pages I notice DO NOT DUPLICATE at the bottom of all of them. I just bought the PMDG 737 full package and I dont feel like putting the 287 page wear on my printer. So can I still get these copied by Kinko's?

Guest gsisteve

If you hadnt posted it on here i noone wouldve known....or cared!STEVE

Guest stang

Hi there "No Name"I can not speak for PMDG, however, since you bought the sim I suspect that PMDG would not mind Kinkos printing the manuals for your personal copy. You did the right thing by asking though. I for one applaud your honesty.RegardsTerry

Guest Crazed One

Thanks for the brilliant insight Steve, you must be the reason we have 100 tv stations with stuff I have no clue why anyone would watch.P4 3.0c OC 3.2Win XP Pro SP2Asus P4C800E DeluxeBFG FX5900XT OC 450/7801GB Crucial PC3200SB Audigy2 ZS PlatinumCreative Inspire T7700 7.121" Diamond Trinitron2 x 160 GB Maxtor S-ATA Raid-1CH FS Yoke, CH Pro Pedals, CH Fighterstick, CH Combatstick

Guest gsisteve

I dont have 100 TV stations bcus im on Freeview :(

Guest georg

Ofcourse its allowed. Whats the difference where you print them, PMDG has not specified that you can print only with home printer solution :D.By the way, as I have some real manuals in PDF format and they are some around 2000 pages, how much would it cost to print them out and put the pages together approx?

lol me too! In fact I have one United 77 manual that is a 6 inches think! I could not imagine printing the 737 manuals....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Crazed One

Hehe, well I have a whole bunch of the the Gemini and Apollo technical and operating manuals in PDF, I want to print those out someday too.Ok I just think when I get to Kinko's they are going to say "We cant print these for you, it says DO NOT DUPLICATE on all the pages." Like keys you get sometimes which are stamped Do not Duplicate.P4 3.0c OC 3.2Win XP Pro SP2Asus P4C800E DeluxeBFG FX5900XT OC 450/7801GB Crucial PC3200SB Audigy2 ZS PlatinumCreative Inspire T7700 7.121" Diamond Trinitron2 x 160 GB Maxtor S-ATA Raid-1CH FS Yoke, CH Pro Pedals, CH Fighterstick, CH Combatstick

Nameless-Coule of items:1) Sorry I didn't see this post the first time around. The reason we have DO NOT DUPLICATE listed on all pages in the manual is to maintain compliance in our agreement with Boeing Corporation- and to protect PMDG's intellectual property from someone cut/paste or simply printing the information and selling it as a print service.According to standard interpretation of Copyright Law, you will be allowed to print it for personal use. (e.g.: One copy.) If you ask Kinko's for multiple copies- then they should refuse because multiple document printing would constitute "Duplication" under copyright law....(Yes- i had to pay a lawyer to learn this.... Or it would have made no sense to me either....)If you run into problems- feel free to print this answer and show it to them... If you need more help let us know.2) We have some very specific guidelines in our forum that require users to sign their name to their posts. We do this in order to make the forum operate as a community and reduce the amount of "anonymous" crap that goes on in other forums.... Please comply with that request? (As explained in the MUST READ post at the top of the forum.... thanks!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Crazed One

Ok, thank you for the prompt explanation. Signed.

Guest Irish_Rover

>Nameless->>Coule of items:>>1) Sorry I didn't see this post the first time around. The>reason we have DO NOT DUPLICATE listed on all pages in the>manual is to maintain compliance in our agreement with Boeing>Corporation- and to protect PMDG's intellectual property from>someone cut/paste or simply printing the information and>selling it as a print service.>>According to standard interpretation of Copyright Law, you>will be allowed to print it for personal use. (e.g.: One>copy.) If you ask Kinko's for multiple copies- then they>should refuse because multiple document printing would>constitute "Duplication" under copyright law....>>(Yes- i had to pay a lawyer to learn this.... Or it would have>made no sense to me either....)>>If you run into problems- feel free to print this answer and>show it to them... If you need more help let us know.>>>2) We have some very specific guidelines in our forum that>require users to sign their name to their posts. We do this>in order to make the forum operate as a community and reduce>the amount of "anonymous" crap that goes on in other>forums.... Please comply with that request? (As explained in>the MUST READ post at the top of the forum.... thanks!)>>I am still running into problems with Kinko's. I sent them the 747 manual to print, and they would not do it. These people are just plain ignorant. HELP! I need a printed manual! What can I do to tell these idiots I can legally print this manual.Thanks