Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Request

Guest A32X

Hello,I would like to know if the 747 will have failures, like the 737.If so have you thought about adding failures of the pitot-static system? (I realise this would be very tricky to model well.)Anyone remember the Air Puerto Rico 757 accident? Would be fascinating to see how we simmers handled these types of situations.Cheers,Paul

Guest georg

Why should they make a worse thing than their previous products? Its not official information, but I think it will have failures.

Guest thscholz

>Anyone remember the Air Puerto Rico 757 accident? Would be>fascinating to see how we simmers handled these types of>situations.>I guess you mean the Birgenair accident in 1996. I agree that it would be interesting (stalling with overspeed warning).CheersThomas

Guest Callmecapt

The pitot tubes were covered with masking tape???!!!That pilot should have his license to fly cancelled for life!!!Obviously the term "walkaround" doesn't apply to some pilots.

Guest A32X

Hi,The pilot did do a walkaround, at night. A cleaner put masking tape on the static ports not the pitot tubes, the tape was not high visibility tape either. Paul

What an idiot eh. I mean the guy that applied the masking tape. Watched a documentry on this flight.

What an idiot eh. I mean the guy that applied the masking tape. Watched a documentry on this flight.

Guest thscholz

>This post should end as it it is...nuf said.. maybe less> >>>Regards,>Roman>(KGRB)Roman, I don't think that this post should end. It only should return to the original subject. The idea of adding more simulated failures sounds good to me.CheersThomas