Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

Is there any airline that use...

Hi people,Is there any airline that used the "show RWY longer then xxx FT.Thats the PMDG option in the styles menu>ND.I gona make an easyjet flight and I wan't to know if they use that option because I've a feeling they do use it.I checked it at airlines.net.And does easyjet airlines use Follow hdg select instead of Winglevel.PMDG style menu>>AFDS

Alaska Airlines database structure excludes all runways less than 4000'. This particular database is used on the Western US and Alaska flights. I understand that several of the versions did not have this implemented when they started operations to the east coast area of the US.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

The reason this option was added was for the fact that some airlines do indeed have limits in their FMC database for certain field lengths to appear on the navigation display and two less clutter on the ND for us which is indeed realitic to boot. As not all airlines are the same the option is offered. Gotta love options ;DBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Yeh I do like options Randy!! :( :)I use it with the Easyjet config.Then wat's the difference between Follow HDG select or wingslevel, as by PMDG options menu>>>AFDS??

This is another airline specific option for takeoff roll mode. One some like West Jet you have a wings level and others a HDG SEL is standard...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |