Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSPnl

Large/small screens

Guest RSPnl

Hi everybody,When flying I prefer to use the 2d cocpit. I have a strange problem: When enlarging the screen (shift-f2) the initial small screen just freezes. I mean the screens of the artificial horizon and the flight following screen, I just forgot their respective names. The airplan follows its course and nothing happens but I can only use the large screen. When I try to go back (e.g. to set the autobrakes for landing as this will be covered by the large screen) there's just a frozen picture representing the situation the airplane was in when I first pressed shift-f2 and I'm forced to use the large screens. Does anyone of you have the same problem?Thanks in advance for your answers,best regards,Ruud

Guest celestar

hi Ruud,I also have the same problem... the only thing I do is, once i get back to small screen (that everything freezes), I press SHIFT + 2 twice... if you only press once, ur main panel gone... press SHITF + 2 again to resume to main panel, and everything gets back to normal :) hope this helpsDany Setyadihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest RSPnl

Dany and anyone,I made a mistake, it's not shift-f2 but shift-2, I should have mentioned that in my first message.But your tip doesn't work because the small screens are still frozen, your tip gets me to the large screen that I don't want to see.I'm wondering as the freeze happens to me every time I hit shift-2 and obviously this happens also to Dany, is this a bug?Ruud

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Ruud,I'm assuming here you're talking about the main panel and the zoom panel.To fix this I've heard that you should switch to a different view i.e. cycle through cockpit, VC, tower, spot and back to 2d cockpit.It is caused because you're using shift+2. Try using the view switcher (the MZALFOTRC switches on each panel). If you use those the frozen gauge thing shouldn't happen.Hope it helpsDavid

As Lefteris kindly informaed my ignorant self :D, you can set any of the panels on the panel switcher (MZALFOTRC) through any keyboard command through the PMDG menu.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |