Sign in to follow this  
Guest mpauli

IRS for the 737?

Guest mpauli

Hello PMDG and everyone elseI know from Robert's announcement that the upcoming update won't address the IRS. It is the fourth update for the PMDG737 and everyone is talking about the 747 now.But even tough I've searched the forum there has never been an answer from PMDG concerning the IRS update. It was told us that the 737 will definitely have an IRS one day. But since most of the development has moved on to the 747 and no one will work on the 737 after the SP4 will we ever see an IRS?There also was a pinned post about two or three month ago saying that the IRS will come in a separate update and that it will be released soon. The post was removed and no one has talked about it anymore, why?I know I'm one of these few guys who are interested in high reality and please don't tell me that the IRS is not so important. There are so many things at the PMDG737 that are "not so important" but still they are simulated.It would be really nice if someone from PMDG could answer some of my questions. I think I would bring clarity for some of us waiting already so long for an answer.Thanks already...Martin Pauli

While we are at it where is my weather radar :D I agree that an IRS is as important as "anything" that can be simulated on this aircraft. PMDG Have hinted at some updates after the 744 is developed. I don't believe just because we desire to know something concrete that they are going to make promises or have to but all can agree this would be nice. My only question really would be what next and when does it stop :-) Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest mpauli

Hi RandyThanks for the answer. I know what problem you are talking about but the IRS once really seemed to be that close! Did I mention that there is even a predefined window in the FS for it already? Look at the panel.cfg file.I know that there are always things to improve but if we look at it it's a rather basic system on a modern jet plane. Where does it end? Good question but they just shouldn't stop right here! That's all I say!And about the old post I still would love to get an answer from someone from the team.CheersMartinPS: Right, now that you mentioned it, the radar is missing too! ;-)

For me... it's clear that they won't stop right now...Remember that there's still BBJ737 comin' after 744...And also, Cpt R.Randazzo talked about "a relatively simple back-fit into the NG", once they "have the IRS fully implemented in the 744"...For me... this is a clear answer...I'm just like you Martin...But we'll all have to wait. Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest bobsk8

I give up.. what is an IRS?

Do a search of the Forum it has been gone over many many times. I would agree that there are three things that I would like to see implemented in the BBJ when it comes out. THey are:1. IRS2. Weather Radar3. HUDI know that they are not going to put them in unless they are able to model them correctly but I am hoping that with the 744 production they will be able to work out the bugs and then give us 737 drivers a refined working system. I am at a point now with this aircraft that if they don't add anything else I am happy with it but at the same time it would be really nice to have the extra goodies.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest EISN_CONTROL

The IRS in an aircraft provides the positional Data to the FMC so it's position and status can be established.Data like GS,windspeed,heading...etc are all provided by 3 high powered lazers(think they're called gyro lazers or something to that effect). Without the IRS, not only would the glass instruments and FMC be useless,so would autobrakes etc! If this isnt comprehensive enough, run a search in the forum.Randy, implementing a WX radar may not be as hard as we thought,the new version of Alain Capts MD-11 panel has implemented an accurate enough version of wx radar aswell as functional TCAS in a FREEWARE panel... I mention its freeware status just to point out that Alain Capts doesnt have the resources or manpower like PMDG and he could still do it.http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-...md11-panel.htmlJohn http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest mpauli

Thanks for your answer FritzI really hope you are right but I still would love to get an answer from the team. If there is anyone to give us all a certain answer, please?I always hear different things. Maybe the team isn't sure themself rightnow...Cheers Martin

Guest georg

Maybe they are all sleeping to prepare for the release of Service Update 1 tomorrow :DNOTE! This information is strongly unofficial and based on the stories I've heard!

Well I would guess John that it is difficult to implement "exactly" like the 737NG has it. I believe Lefteris stated "if it could not be done correctly, then it would not be done at all" (sic). Maybe something learned of late? I'm not sure. By the way, I have seen other weather radars prior to the developement of this NG, but none done like the real NG's radar and this I assume is the difference. I don't know what has been going on of late, but I am hoping we see it on the 744, then make it's way to the NG :). Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest ToMy Li

I love IRS System... :-badteeth

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Thanks for your answer FritzI really hope you are right but I still would love to get an answer from the team. If there is anyone to give us all a certain answer, please?Randy(CVRM) used to be the lead Beta tester of the NG for PMDG before he stepped down, I would still consider him part of the PMDG team in a way so you're probably pretty safe taking what he says as similar to that of lefteris or Rob or any of the rest of the team ;)John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

I hate to disagree with you, but I am still a beta tester for PMDG, I never resigned only from the forum at bit and am looking forward to helping make the 744 a reality :) Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest frankathl

Is there a difference between IRS(Inertial Reference System) and INS(Inertial Navigation System). If so, my guess is that the IRS provides position information to both the INS(as well as the FMC)? As I understand it, the INS is used to provide updates on the aircraft's positon(lat/long) in the absence of ground stations(on an Atlantic crossing, for example).As a corollary to this, I believe the FMC uses both INS info and data from ground based radio beacons to update the aircraft's position(the INS info is displayed on the ND in the case of the example above.Or have I got it all wrong? :-)Frank

I can't understand why people still asking for an IRS.. Since 737NG's FMS mainly rely on GPS %99 of the time, there is no need to boring lat/long entries and waiting for alignment for every flight. But I love simulating IRS procedures, at least anyone asking for an IRS unit in 737NG. There is a perfect and freeware IRS simulation is already available, the CIVA INS; Delco Carousel IV-A Inertial Navigation System.You can integrate it almost every freeware panel. It work's with Richard Probst's excellent freeare B727 panel, Captainsim 727, Benoit's A300.., you name it.. If you want an IRS experience, don't wait for PMDG, go for CIVA!I wish PMDG crew save their time for more efficent options, like co-route in FMC. I find it very useful in PIC767..