Sign in to follow this  
Guest Usscarrier

Localizer / runway alignment

Guest Usscarrier

Hello all- When on final as you can see in the picture (this is KSWF, ILS9, no wind) things just aren't lining up and the plane will not go over and follow the localizer. It will start the turn when we are approaching the localizer, (turn on well outside the FAF, NEELY) but turns to far to almost parallel the localizer all the way to the runway. It is almost like it is torn between what is on the display and (the runway or the localizer). I have updated to the latest AIRAC but that doesn't make a difference, (it did it with the old one too). I tried a search of the forum but couldn't find an answer, if I missed it I apoligize. Thanks PMDG for such an excellent aircraft!!Thanks for any help!Travis

Guest Nickman

Did you try other airports? Mine lines up with the localizer fine when using VOR/LOC or even turning on APPNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Travis,I just had a look at your pic and it confused me for a second. In the pic you are clearly, looking out the window, too far left of the runway. This is also confirmed by looking at the loc deviation indicator on the PFD. But now have a look on the ND, it's showing you as being too far RIGHT of the airport. I'd hazard a guess that this is psrt of the problem :-roll.Question time. What Sid/Star file are you using (i.e. Terry's or a different downloaded one from the likes of Navdata)?Does the aircraft ever manage to track the Loc correctly?What direction are you heading from to the FAF (i.e. west of the Loc front course or east or put another way are you trying to intercept the loc from the left or right)? Also if heading in from the left to the FAF do you cross the loc first and then turn back to intercept?Also what STAR and approach were you using?That's all I got just now. I'll go try it on my machine and report back.CheersDavid

Guest wee_davie_2612

Back again.OK, before I even lift off I've spotted something. In your pic NEELY is off of the extended center line. On mine it is in line. I'm begining to suspect a faulty SID/STAR file.Will report back soonDavid

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Travis,Just flown it without any problems.Just noticed: On your pic the PFD shows that the LOC course is 078

Guest Usscarrier

Thanks for jumping in here... - Yes it happens at other airports, including ILS 27 at KSWF, ILS 1 at KALB and the ILS 16's into KSEA, so I would continue to beleieve all of them. - Same thing wether I use VOR/Loc to try to join up or APP. - Gyro drift is unchecked. - I just downloaded Terry's latest SID/STAR file from the PMDG site and still have the same problem. - The aircraft never makes it over to the localizer the plane will land to the left (North side in the case here of SWF ILS 9) side of the runway at the proper touchdown point (follows GS to the proper point). - In this case I depart runway 9, make a left turn to about 290 until west of NEELY then turn to about 180 and then a left turn to 120 at 2500ft. and arm the app mode to intercept the localizer about 4 miles outside of NEELY. - No, the aircraft never crosses the localizer, the acft turns like it is going to intercept properly but will continue the turn to a parallel heading. - I have reselected hdg, turned the plane to 120 and run the acft across the localizer and then rearmed APP and the acft turned NE across the localizer until it was paralelling on the north side and then turned back to a hdg of 093 and paralelled again. - On my SID/STAR file on the FMC when I select ILS9 the hdg depicted between NEELY and RWY 9 on the legs page, indicates 078 degrees when obviously it should be 092. - Now that I think about it I believe it might also affect VOR tracking giving things a weird look...I will have to follow up on that. - I agree it almost appears to be a setting that is off somewhere in FS2004 or something with true versus magnetic headings maybe???Thanks for the help guys,Travis

Guest Zapper

It may also be that you are using an addon airport that is not pictorially represented where it should actually be./ I understand that there have been problems with this kind of thing in the past. NZCH was redisgned by some folks and apparently wasn't quite in teh right place.Having said that, I know almost nothing about this kind of stuff.Rgds,

Guest Usscarrier

Hey thanks for the reply...I haven't added on any scenery, everything is stock FS2004..Thanks,Travis

Guest Usscarrier

added info.. stock fs2004 acft (ex. LJ45) intercept the localizer and track it inbound properly.Travis

Guest gsisteve

cant think why that would be the case other than an incorrectly tuned ILS frequency on the NAV stack, but im sure ul have checked so i dunno ????STEVE

Guest gsisteve

could try removing FS and reinstalling, start from scrath againsteve

This has been discussed in the past although I cannot seem to recall exactly what caused it and how to fix it. Did you try a search on this forum? I think this has to do with flight some flight sim Europe users 'settings'..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

I had this exact problem with the initial 600/700 release back in August. What corrected it for me was when the first service update came out you had to competely remove the 737 and reinstall it. Once I did that everything was fine and I havn't seen the problem since. Make sure everything is completely removed and hopefully that works.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest Usscarrier

Well, got the problem fixed... - Uninstalled the 737 with the remove tool - Did each of the following steps and still had the same problem after each step until I installed the 800/900 series. - Install 737 - Update to 1.3 - Update to current SID/STAR file - Installed 800/900 series - (problem fixed) - Updated to latest AIRAC cycle from NAVDATAWho knows why, just glad that it fixed it!!Thanks for the help quys!!Travis

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Travis,Glad you got it fixed! Sounds like it's just down to "one-of-'em-glitches" that computers spit out every now and then.Have a good oneDavid