Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

n00b question about FMC

I am new to this flight sim and the FMC.I have been able to program in a flight from KSEA to KLAX.Was a blast to use this 737NG aircraft.When I took off at KSEA using Econo Climb the aircraft leveled off at FL100 at 250kts. I engaged the LNAV and nothing happened, so my question is how would I normally get the Cruise to work?What I ended up doing is adjust the altitude to FL300 and engage the LNAV and then this beauty flew Cruise. Is this the correct method?

This is how I am flying with the FMCFirst of all I import the flightplan.Then I override the climb, cruise and decend.I do climb and decend at 280 kt. and the cruise at mach 0,8 at FL 310When I am lined up at the runway the flightdirector should be on, and the autothrottle armed. I am using the hidden GA button.When passing 1000 ft I engages the autopilot, The Nnav and Lnav. The plane will now use the speeds I have selected and intersept the course by itself. When you get a new altitude, you have to adjust the new altitude with the adsjust button, and then hit the button on the right hand side of the adjust button to activate.

It's VNAV not LNAV that you are talking about ;-). LNAV is a ROLL mode, just like HDG SEL. VNAV is a PITCH (vertical) mode like LVL CHG and V/S. Now with that cleared up, there are only three reasons why your aircraft would stop at 10000' -1] MCP altitude window was not set to programed crz altitude or2] FMC restriction of 10000B on a programed way point3] FMC cruise altitude was programed for 10000. What you "normally" would do (I really don't believe this word applies to the real world but..) program the desired cruise altitude into the FMCSet the MCP altitude window to your cruise altitude UNLESS you have a hold at restriction, say you are to hold 5000' till passing ABC thence resume climb' ANYTIME you temporarly level off at an altitude lower that your cruise altitude the AFDS will still be engaged in FMC speed (i.e. VNAV) but the light will go out. In this situation you can do one of two things, one, reset the MCP altitude to a higher cleared altitude OR you cruise altitude and hit the VNAV button. If you have VNAV ALT selected from the PMDG styles menu the plane will enter VNAV ALT mode, simply reset the MCP and hit the ALT INTV button and up you go.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Zapper
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=57863&page=Go grab the GG and read through it a few times before trying to fly. This si a complicated sima nd is very close to teh real world aeroplane. So close that unless you fly it for real and are up to speed on all it's systems you would be hard pressed to find any differences at all.Anyway, hopefully the Geezer Guide will help you become more familiar with it.Rgds,

Guest gsisteve

how do u import the flight plan?STEVE

Thanks for posting more information Brad.I will be checking into your GG today.Waldo