Sign in to follow this  
Guest hdjuey

geezer ver 5?

Guest hdjuey

1st when I call atc for taxie they give me RWY #2 instead of 20 do I take off on 20 anyways. An 2nd when I put in the training way point BU 250/10 it show up as BU01 but I don't think it the right one cause it show futher away than 10nm and, I get not enought fuel on the FMC. thanks for any help P.s if I screw this post up it my 1st postDavid

Hello David, Yeah sometimes ATC does not play fair, I simply IGNORE default ATC, in fact I do not ever contact the default ATC for reasons such as this. This is where on-line services sore in realism or if you don't feel like tackling that there is always Radar COntact that does a MUCH better job, in fact I am a proud owner of this program ;-) The FMC format is correct for that type of wpt, the "/10" assures it IS 10 miles on the tract. You can simply look at the milage on the LEGS page of the FMC, this will tell you distance. If you are a bit low on petrol simply add a "tad" more, the FMC will adjust the weights accordingly for V speeds, but do this before you enter the sim...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Zapper

Hi David,When you create a Place-Bearing/Distance waypoint (here is a link to a few notes on that http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=&topic_page=1 just scroll down to find my post) you are creating a waypoint from a known reference. In this case you are using a refernce place called BU but in the FMC database there are several BU's lsited and so the FMC asks you to select which one you want to use by getting you to select the correct freq. The BU we want is an NDB called Burnham and it's freq is 374.0KHz. Just line select that and then have a look at your ND in Plan mode and all should appear normal. LMK if it doesn't.All OK?