Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigun

PMDG 737-800/900 Product Updates Released! (29JUL04)

Guest DZollner

"This update is only available for installation by owners of the PMDG 737-800/900."Quoted directly from Robert's original post up top. Since the 800/900 is for FS2K4 only, I guess that answers your question.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello kiki,If you want to install the 737-800/900 then you must have already purchased and installed the 737-600/700. When you go to purchase the 737-800/900 on the PMDG website they make it very clear that you must already have the 600/700. Or at least I think they make it pretty clear.PMDG Team, I also wish to say thank you very much for the update to your great Flight Simulator aircrafts! :D I can hardly wait to try out the fully clickable VC's!Regards,Jim

Hi guys, One question that does seem to be clearly stated here, so perhaps someone could let me know?I have the base 600/700 package and would like to know, if I buy the 800/900 add-on are the 2d panel enhancements applied to the 600/700 types, as I'd hope to be able to get continuity with things like the new EADI/EHSI modes, etc across the range and not have two variants of the 2d panel depending on which model I was flying.Cheers,C.J.

Thanks as usual Mr Randazzo and the PMDG team! :DGeoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Captains-PMDG is pleased to announce that we have just released THREE major updates for owners of the PMDG 737-800/900!1) PMDG 737-800/900 SERVICE UPDATE 1:==================================This Service Update is a Required Service Update for all PMDG 737-800/900 operators. As listed earlier, the following items are addressed in this Service Update:This Update addresses the following items as reported to PMDG by operators of the 737-800/900:1) Eliminates a data corruption problem that was responsible for Unplanned engine flameouts2) Eliminates a data corruption problem that was responsible for Unexplainable electrical losses (lights/radios/etc)3) Eliminates a code problem that would cause the battery to die, thus triggering electrical problems.4) Eliminates a code problem that would cause the generators to become unresponsive to the switches.5) Eliminates a code problem that would cause certain types of asynchronous behavior in the lighting system.6) Enhanced behavior for holding pattern entry.7) Enhanced behavior for holding pattern exit.8) Algorithmic track calculation for wind correction angle in holds. (Airplane "learns" during holding.)9) Corrected errors in Cost Index Model10) Corrected Generator Disconnect Switch behavior.11) Updated behavior of electrical bus switching/protection logic.12) Updated generator logic and battery behavior13) Updated fuel system behavior to eliminate potential problems with fuel imbalance14) CDU Action keys included in keyboard commands15) Eliminated SPD REF selection CTD problem16) LOC Back Course tracking fixed17) Eliminated bug that causes CTD during aircraft changes.After running this service update, your PMDG 737-800/900 will be brought to Version 1.1.Further Service Updates to the entire PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 line will take place after the 747-400 is released later in the year.2) PMDG 737-800/900 OPTIONAL MODEL UPDATES:===========================================We have also released an OPTIONAL UPDATE for owners of the PMDG 737-800/900.This Optional Model Update replaces the 737-600 and 737-700 models to add the "Clickable Virtual Cockpit" that was included as a feature of the PMDG 737-800/900!The virtual cockpit that comes as a standard part of the 737-800/900 has more than 380 click-spots to allow full featured control of the airplane from within the virtual cockpit. Additionally, both FMC's are fully functional from within the Virtual Cockpit, as well as the entire autopilot Mode Control Panel, EFIS MCP and Overhead panel....After experiencing this level of realism in the 737-800/900, many customers asked if we could make the 737-600/700 compatible with this feature. We HAVE!It is important to note that in order to install this optional update, you MUST have already updated your PMDG 737-800/900 to Version 1.1 using the SERVICE UPDATE 1 described above!(If you forget- the installer will remind you!)This update is only available for installation by owners of the PMDG 737-800/900.Both updates are currently available from the DOWNLOADS page at www.precisionmanuals.com!3) NINE ADDITIONAL FREE LIVERIES:=================================In addition to these two updates, PMDG has also added nine new liveries to the download area for your enjoyment!1) 737-700 Air Berlin in Boeing's Dreamliner Livery2) 737-800 British Airways Fantasy Livery3) 737-900 British Airways Fantasy Livery4) 737-800 Neos w/Winglets5) 737-800 Sun Express w/Winglets6) 737-800 Travel Service7) 737-800 Lauda w/Winglets8) 737-800 Pegasus Airlines w/Winglets9) 737-900 Boeing House Corporate LiveryWith these new liveries in the PMDG Download Center, we have a grand total of 145 FREE LIVERIES:70 Free Liveries for the 737-600/70059 Free Liveries for the 737-800/90036 Free Liveries for the B1900DWith this evenings releases, we are turning the development team's attention fully toward the completion of the upcoming PMDG 747-400 "Queen of the Skies."I will be making the first of a couple 747-400 product announcements during the coming weekend, so be sure to check back!Enjoy these updates- we have invested the time and effort in order to continually bring additional quality forward to enhance your sim experience!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Word Not Allowed-Those of you who helped us test that earlier fix will trigger the version protection in the installer....Drop me an email privately- i'll engineer a solution for you guys. ;-)

Norbert->pmdg_banner.gifOh dear GOD is that funny!!!!!!Great work Norbert- we're flattered AND amused!

Travis-The BBJ/MIL versions are still planned. We are currently examining the positioning of that product's release schedule.It may take a few different forms- and there is no clear time-table....Sorry I don't have more information for you just yet- as soon as we make up our mind on that- we'll post the info here!

C.J.-The 2D panel enhancements are applied to all four aircraft types. In order to have the clickable Virtual Cockpit present in your 600/700 aircraft, you should also install the optional model update....Hope that helps!

CJ, Another note, The "displays" are adjustable, meaning you can choose between the Southwest style or the style you have now on the 600-700, AND there are variations within the PMDG menu to further optionize the displays according to your favorite airline ;)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

CONTENTS OF POST REMOVED BECAUSE USER DID NOT SIGN POST IN COMPLIANCE WITH FORUM GUIDELINES...(All forum guidelines are posted as a pinned thread at the top of the forum.)

Guest Captain Vala

Downloading as I type...I wanted to say thank you to Mr.Randazzo, the rest of the development team, and all the beta testers for excellent job :D. Regards, Vala

Southwest-style?Is that the old-fashion steam driven dial look?(As a brit 'Southwest-style' sounds like it has something to with Cornish Pasties or surfing in freezing cold water!)cheers for that guys.

Guest was55amg

Hello,thanks for the update. I have a little problem here.I don't know why, since i installed the patches, i'm getting a message error about "PMDGOptions.dll" and another file which i don't remember. Any idea?Thanks