Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

Help please lol

I have posted on this before with no help offered....please take a look at the pics and maybe you can tell me what I cold be doing wrong.This is taken at KPAE...default everything, 8x AA and 2x ASF. As you can see there is a problem somwhere and its not my system speed. I have tried everything even reinstalling FS9 and PMDG....im stumped.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86058.jpgGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Gary-With your system you should be cooking on FPS...Can you tell me:1) What airplane?2) What version?We have very similar systems and i'm seeing almost 4x the rates.... The only difference is that I have 2GB Ram and an ATI 9800 card.... other than that we are close...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Perhaps HT is turned on?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

yes Vin I had just installe dit prior to the newest update. I never had the problem before the 800/900 version install...perhaps somthing has gone a miss there?Gary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

1) 737-700 PMDG livery 2D/VC2) latest update you just released....thanks for the help guys!!!!Chris... HT? I am not quite sure what you mean here?Gary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

ok just reinstalled the PMDG products in order.Same result. If I go to my desktop and click anything them return to the game the frames return to 20+ but if I change views again it goes back to single digitsGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

Are you using the panel switcher to switch views or programed keys from the menu to switch views?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

im hitting "S" to change from 2D to VC..etcGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

I wonder Gary, can you try using the switcher for a test and see if you are still losing FPS? I have a hunch that perhaps it's not clearing the memory and might be what's lagging your resources. You can use the styles menu to set keys for switching which in fact do close the other panels. Let us know.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

yeah I know that....I am not loosing frames that way, its switching form 2D to VC to tower to spot and back to 2DGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

got lost in the floodGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

Guest Valid_Andy

Gary, I have the same problem! The only thing is I encounter stutters aswell once I have been in the VC view. When I first get into the aircraft, aslong as I don't go into the VC view its ok, but after that, I have to click on the desktop to be able to use any of the other views with a reasonable FPS. With the original 737NG wasn't there a problem with memory drains? Gary, try using a non VC or VCab model. Do you encounter the same problems? (Those have the wingview instead of the VCockpit) I don't, so I think it must have to be something to do with the VC if you have the same problem as me:(If this helps aswell, my system is;AthlonXP 2.1 333FSBRadeon 9600XT1gb PC2700 DDR RamDon't know what my motherboard is but it has that nForce2 thing...!I know I don't have as fast a system as gary, but I don't use many options enabled in the sim so I can run with a super sharp picture smoothly(normally 25-30). In the 2d panel I get 30FPS on the ground, and about 25 with the external model - so please don't tell my system needs upgrading because I run FS with nothing but high res texture and the smallest amount of scenery to look half decent(with signs...I think it's the second notch up)Thanks for any help, and please help because I'd really like to be able to use the VC I payed for:)

yes exactly the same as you.As long as I never use the VC im fine....I havent got to make a VC flight yet :(Guys I know how much of a pain it is to go back to find that golden beebee....trust me lol PIC panel is giving me fits. I think I have quit 5 times now lolGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

Guest Valid_Andy

:)Please help us in the minority PMDG...cos I really love flying from the VC..especially ones of this quality!