Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jens

Recent service update(s) 7/29/04

Guest Jens

I have just installed the new updates and starting up FS9 it crashes everytime.....My Firewall tells me, that "Maybee unknown virus" is located in PMDGOptions.dll, which is installed with this updates.FS9 also doesn't like it.Do I have to re-install/install all over again or is something wrong??I have 737NG 600-->900Jens P

I have no problems yet, but you never know.Althrough, I reinstalled the hole PMDG package, maybe you have to do that to!!Let me know.

Guest Jens

I just Uninstalled - with remover from PMDG - all and everything, reinstalled from beginning, 600/700, then 800/900, then the service update 1 just released, and here it goes wrong!My system will not accept the "PMDGOption.dll" in Modules, and when loading PMDG (anyone) FS9 found an error and closes.I installed with Firewall off, and rebooted after every install, no different.And this last time I didn't even get the Model Update in..Frustration starting.....Or I have to fly without this update, it worked fine untill :-hmmm

Guest Jens

I'll try that, coming back....

Guest Jens

Tried, but the same happens, I made a screenshot to show the error message, but it's too big.Still comes an error message from F-Secure (Firewall) that file PMDGOptions could be infected with unknown virus.FS9 error shows, that some aircraft or software could not be loaded, and (PMDGOptions.DLL) is the trouble-maker.!;(Jens P Frost

Jens,As is the case with any software installation, you should disable your firewall and virus protection during installation.If you continue to have problems, contact support@precisionmanuals.comBest,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Jens

I made an install without firewall, but will try once more.Thank's for the support anyway....(Answered in another message too, so others have the problem too.)Trying and coming back.

Jens-It appears to me that you are describing two different problems:1) Your firewall is reporting PMDGOptions.dll as a potential virus. (A firewall announcing a virus?)2) That the update is cuasing FS9 to crash?Regarding the virus warning- as a precaution we double checked- but it appears that you are getting a false positive. Your virus software maker will have avenues for reporting this- and you may send them a copy of that dll if they wish to determine why it is triggering a false positive in their software....There is nothing unusual about the dll...it runs the PMDG Options menu in FS9.... It's pretty rudimentary stuff....Regarding the FS9 crash- I'd like you to run the REMOVE TOOL- then reinstall the 6/700 and the 8/900 base versions... then see if things are working...If so- then install the update....Keep me posted, please. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Jens

Hi Robert (and Vin)Ok, for getting clear I try to explain:I installed the new update with firewall/antivirus DISABLED, and got an error message from F-Secure, (my Antivirus program) that: "Evil code found in c:/program..../FS9/Modules/PMDGOptins.dll""Could be infected with unknown virus"AND:I try loading fs9 and trying to start PMDG, fs9 crashes with error message:"Flightsimulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using flight simulator, but this aircraft or software will be disabled""File: PMDGOptions.DLL"...and FS9 closes to restart.! I have removed everything with PMDG remover and re-installed all, without firewall/AV, still same problem.Everything is fine, I can start Pmdg up in between, but untill the new update comes in, then it crashes.I am very frustrated about this, having no problems at all beforeMy system:Intel P 4 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb RAMRadeon 9800 XT 256MbFS9Jens P

Guest _niko_

>"Flightsimulator was unable to load some aircraft or software.>You can continue using flight simulator, but this aircraft or>software will be disabled">"File: PMDGOptions.DLL"I have same problem too :(

Gents-are you both having issues with F-Secure? If yes, it's entirely possible that the antivirus program is detecting that the .DLL is being uncompressed within memory, and thinks that this is a virus-like activity.Even though I am not familiar with your antivirus product, I'd recommend excluding the entire FS2004 directory tree from being scanned, as this will have a dual effect: a) It'll most likely stop the reporting:( It'll make your FlightSim application run much faster (no virus checking all the time).Let us know.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Jens

Ok, I have just installed the service update 1 with disabled AV/FWall, but before that, I noticed the "old" PMDGOptions.dll in Modules and made a copy of this.After installing the update, and still NOT enabling AV/FW, I succeded to start up FS9, to go into the Setup without problems.But when I set on my AV/FW, I get an error again.Then I took the "old" PMDGOptions.dll and copied it into Modules and everything is good (!!?)But the setup has changed (something with CDU-settings is not appearing) - so I think the update is located in this option.dll?I am no perfect PC freak, but this is what I got uptill now...Jens P

Guest Jens

PROBLEMS SOLVED!!!!I just looked into my F-Secure Antivirus Program and "allowed" the traffic/.DLL's to be "Ignored" - like you suggested, and it workes!!I did the Service Update and Model Update and everything went well...Thank's for the support, I am really happy again now, and afterall...I never doubtet the magnificent product of PMDG. :-wave Now for the next problem.... When is the 747 coming???? :-lol Bring it on!Thank's again to all

Nice to know we could be of help!!!Now, if you could be so kind as to report it to F-Secure so that further updates fix their issues, we'd appreciate it!!!Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg