Sign in to follow this  
Guest BBrooks

Questions after update

Guest BBrooks

I was testing the new update this morning and came up with a couple of issues.First of all, when starting the engines. I select GRD and when the engine starts turning, I see a fuel flow of around 0.11. After fuel is introduced, the flow goes up to around 0.98 and stays on it. Then after starter cut-out the flow goes up to about 1.35, and then rolls back to stabilize at about 1.07, which seems normal. However, is it normal that the fuel flow should even be there during the dry start, and then freeze during the engine acceleration?Second, it seems that every autopilot coupled ILS approach I do, at about 600-500 agl the autopilot goes into CWS mode and the plane starts to bank a little bit. I have to reselect approach mode to get it back on. I've only tried the KBFI ILS 13R with the -900, so it may be approach-specific. Just wondering if these are normal actions, or if anyone has experienced them. Thanks.Brad Brooks

"I have to reselect approach mode to get it back on. I've only tried the KBFI ILS 13R with the -900, so it may be approach-specific." Can you be more specific? The aircraft is inhibited from going into CWS mode at that altitude. When you say it goes into CWS @ 600-800 agl, what are you seeing to come to this conculsion? Is the PFD showing G/S at this point? Can you give me a screenshot at the moment this occures showing the main panel? Thanks.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest BBrooks

Ok, this time it didn't happen. It was going into the CWS R mode, and GS was still captured according to the PFD. However VORLOC was going into the armed mode, and I would have to arm APP mode for it to capture back. I think my joystick must have been bumping off center, because I usually guard it when I'm down low. What altitude is the CWS supposed to be inhibited? In my scenario it was happening around 600 down to 400 RA. Thank you for the quick reply though.Any comments on the engine start?

Guest Nickman

Most likely your joystick because it only engages CWS R (which is roll mode). Try calibrating it or reconnecting it.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

If you have Force feedback it certainly can *bump* you out of CMD. If this is your issue I would disable FFB. CWS is inhibited here under 1500 RA, see picture below. I'm not sure if you know this, if you do please just ignore this, the APP light goes out at G/S capture, of course this is what it's suppose to do and the PFD will show G/S in green meaning it is active. The light goes out only so you cannot de-select the mode, you must hit a TOGA, re-tune a NAV or turn off the A/P and F/Ds. As for your engine readouts, it's not perfect, not sure if it's just the way it is or a issue that's comeup, I tend to think the former, maybe someone else can comment with more knowledge in this one area.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86154.jpgBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest BBrooks

Thank you. I would like to know about the engine start, because I was able to see an acceleration and a rollback before the update. Perhaps you're right though.