Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Golden Eagle C421C FlightCom1

I would like to know what the buyers of the Cessna Golden Eagle haveto say about it. I see a lot of paint jobs for it. Is it a good buy?I hate to spend 20 or 25 dollars for every good aircraft fot this sim, but I flew the 421 for a few years. I'd like to know how it compares to say the Beech Baron. Comparison just for MSFS2002 only. I know how they compare in real life. But the sim has a good Baron. I like several of the airplanes. I don't like the King Air 350 at all. I want a good evaluation or two on the Golden Eagle. Thanks all.

I would say go for it because its totally worth it. I've had it for about a month and already have about 100 hours in it. Its such a beautiful bird to fly and the cockpit is juts superbly made. IMO, it has the best virtual cockpit/cabin I've seen to date. You wont regret it!

It's a very nice plane, but personally, I feel its not the best of its type. If you're in the market for a larger twin in general, I personally feel you'd be better off checking with the FSD Cheyenne. To me the C421 panel isnt as asthetically pleasing or functional as the Cheyenne, and the visual model of the Cheyenne has yet to be topped. Of course these are mostly my personal opinions, but I've found I mostly prefer the FSD Cheyenne when it comes to the twin category.Scott

I gotta say its worth every penny. I have been flying it non-stop since I bought it. I love the Cheyenne too (actually its probably a little better), but you cant go wrong with the 421 for shorter flights or just having some VFR fun. Im not a real world pilot yet, but I think the flight dynamics are excellent. As far as compared to the default Baron, there is none. The virtual cockpit is one of the best I've seen and the there new GPS is really cool. Also, I have a pretty slow computer and it doesn't kill fps.-------------Michael T."The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Now that you've seen some other replies............ I'm running the Cessna 421 on a 22" monitor at 1600*1200*32 resolution. I'm also using an option to make all gauges in the VC cockpit 1024,1024 pixels instead of 512,512. In my opinion, it's one of the most finest simulated aircraft that I've run into & is my personal favorite when running twin engines. I DO prefer it's panel over the Cheyennes. The Cheyenne looks best at night with it's backlit gauges, but is somewhat distracting for me during daylight hours with it's grainier textures that show easily on a 22" monitor.Without doubt, the 421's VC cockpit is also one of the best. It's right up there with Dreamfleets Archer which has to be one of the best yet. Both of these cockpits allow easy viewing around the aircrafts corner post's,etc. The 421 also allows landing views, enlarged instruments, & optional right side instrument viewing.L.Adamson

I'll add my two-cents worth. I know that I'm in the minority as far as computing power goes---I've got a pIII 750mhz Laptop with a 17" viewable screen. On my machine the 421 does some wierd things to my framerates. Everything will be really kosher until I get close to my destination and then the framerates hit the floor. I'm talking 8fps when it's not stuttering uncontrollably. All that is to say is that if you've got a lower end machine, use caution before you shell out the bucks.As far as realism goes, I've got some time in a C340 which has a similar cockpit so I can say that it looks quite realistic and it is a very stable flight model. I don't think it cruises as fast as it should though when flown with the proper hg and rpm. It is a looker though!Good luck!

Larry,"I'm running the Cessna 421 on a 22" monitor at 1600*1200*32 resolution. I'm also using an option to make all gauges in the VC cockpit 1024,1024 pixels instead of 512,512." - what's the option to bump up the res in the VC?Regards,Bob Lyddy

I missed out on where the Cheyenne is located? Did anyone say? I have never flown the Cheyenne. But I have quite a few hours in the C421. I used to take folks down to Chihuahua City, then on to Los Moches or Bacaburrito Mexico in one, way down next the Gulf of California. It was a pretty good machine. Thanks.

Thanks Michael. Cool. I just may try it.

Oh, oh. You better tell me how to take a close look at the Archer. Ha.

Thanks. You fellows have just about got it sold already. Great show.

I am running MSFS2002 on a AMD Athlon T-Bird 900 with 384 MB of PC-133 Memory. FIC AZ-11 Mainboard. I have no trouble here with anything I have loaded up. So far so good. I run a 17 inch :Proview Monitor and I am using the G400 Millennium Video card from Matrox to good effect.I have put on quite a load of add ons and does well so far. Thanks.

Guest SoarPics

I've had the 421 since the first day it came to market. I've had some problems with the download right from the get-go. My GPS refused to work until the fix was released, and my dash won't lower (yep, I've installed the Service Release but this is not a problem for me since I always "raise" the seat in the panel.cfg).Evenso, I believe this to be a "must have" for any GA enthusiast. The package is incredibly complete, the flight dynamics superb, and the panel and visual model top notch. The proof for me is the fact that I have not flown the Baron (a terrific airplane once Steve's .air file is added and the panel is tweaked) since receiving the 421.Well worth the price, IMHO.

I have a lower end system, PII 450Mz, 384 Ram, old TNT card. The 421 works great on my system using the DXT3 textures. Typical exterior frame rates are 13, and inside 8 to 13. I read an article from a 421 pilot relating a typical flight, and the Golden Eagle's performance is very similar. The plane is a dream to fly. Rotation is very realistic (based on my limited 152 experience and rides in B200's), and landings are smooth every time. I have the Cheyenne and Golden Eagle, and I prefer the Golden Eagle, although the Cheyenne is good too. Flight1's customer service is just excellent. I have not had a single problem with the Golden Eagle.