Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raw75sy

Continental Blended Winglets

Guest Raw75sy

Just thought some of you would like to know that Continental Airlines has ordered blended winglets on the next 11 737-800s being delivered this year. They will also be retrofitting the current 737-800 fleet with blended winglets over time. If that doesn't excite you maybe this will...Continental is working with Boeing too develop blended winglets for our 757 fleet.Maybe we'll see a new livery for Continental with winglets before the real aircraft are delivered!!sg CAL

Guest Nickman

I posted a post a while ago that will give you a temp CO winglet 737-800. It uses the Copa winglets (since they are close) to give a nice blue color on the winglets.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest CAL737

Well, here is some good news for Continental fans. One of the 738's with winglets made its maiden flight on Aug. 2 :-hah and here

Guest Nickman

Strange, looks like my prediction of the winglet was right. It's the same as Copa's. I might as well release the winglet addon on avsim now.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2