Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

I was at KSEA and the tower says ...

that I can't take off because the airport is flying IFR only.I had the FMC programmed for a trip to KLAX.So what are we supposed to do under this circumstance?Is there a way to give Fs2004 my FMC plan?

Guest bobsk8

When this happens to me I just program a Flight Plan in FS9 and after you take off you can cancel IFR, and follow the FMC.

Guest Seery

Also, If you have FSBuild2, you can export your flightplans both to the FMC AND FS itself. Well worth the few bucks that it costs.Mark S

Guest Captain Vala

Hey Waldo, I dont always use the real flight plans, so what I do is that I file a flight plan in FS and then type my flight plan in the FMC, then make the necessary changes for the SIDS/STARS. But if you want, you can type flight plan in your FMC and then go to the flight planer in FS and file some flight plan that kinda looks like the one you have in your FMC. Now, if you did either of those and ATC still wouldn't let you go due to your IFR problem, then check you flight plan in FS, I sometimes accidentally file my IFR plans as VFR. However, what I just said is only if you want ATC support, if you don't care about ATC, just do what Bob said... Regards, ValaEdit: I think Mark's way of doing it is a good one too...

A simpler option would be to change the weather to VFR conditions and away you go.