Sign in to follow this  
gbalean

A Neat Picture

Greetings :)A link to this picture was posted in the VATPAC Forums, but I thought that this is such a great shot that it deserves to be recommended here!It might become useful should PMDG ever make the 717, of which I by the way would love to see them do, but please don't turn this into another love this love that post :DThe Link Is: http://www.airtran.com/info/aircrafts/photo_4.jspIt takes a while to load, and you'll need to move the sliders otherwise it looks a bit odd at first, but look at that detail in the shot![h4]Geoffrey Balean[/h4]Canberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.pngCaution! Not a real ATC, but I do sit around all day in an airconditioned office ;)P4 2.4gHz | ASUS P4G8X Deluxe | 512 DDR 333 | LG L1710S 17" LCD | GeForce MX440 MS | Soundblaster Audigy | Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 | Win XP Pro | CH Yoke & Rudder

That has to be the best photo of a aircraft cockpit I have ever seen! Incredible, thanks for sharing.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Wow that was quick Randy! Note also that the cabin altitude is -50. Doesn't the cabin altitude in the 737 decrease to -300 for comfort before takeoff? I wonder why they made it -50 in this aircraft?Geoffrey Balean YSCBVirgin Blue Virtual - VOZ9211ZAB & SSY Observer (OBS)http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.pngMSN - gbalean@hotmail.comCaution! Not a real ATC, but I do sit around all day in an airconditioned office :-dohP4 2.4gHz | ASUS P4G8X Deluxe | 512 DDR 333 | LG L1710S 17" LCD | GeForce MX440 MS | Soundblaster Audigy | Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 | Win XP Pro | CH Yoke & Rudder

Guest ba747heavy

Wow my friend, that is amazing! Thanks for sharing :-hah Hope to see you on the scopes sometime soon, or on MSN ;)

Guest LLgaz

Great photo. One thing I don't understand.......is this a picture of a 717 simulator? Because I can't believe that both the Captain and First Officer will vacate their seats when lined up like that on the runway..............Great photo non-the-less.

HAHA we think alike my friend, and what I thought next was that this picture was created by Boeing at Boeing field perhaps, it's just me guess..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest leadZERO

Ya, something tells me that is a photoshop job. Something doesn't look right about the cockpit, other than there not being a cap or fo. It almost looks like a fake, albeit high detail, cockpit was superimposed over a real life pic.Look at the metal, it looks so perfect, there aren't any scratches or dings or blemishes. Especially look under the rudder pedals; unless it's a brand new aircraft you would expect the paint/metal to be somewhat worn from rocks and dirt on the bottoms of shoes. Look at the lighting also. It's dusk and a flash was most likely used right? Look at all the shadows from the insturments. If a flash was used there shouldn't be so much shadow. Some of the shadows look somewhat inconsistant for the hinted light source. Something looks odd about the displays also; I think with as much light as would be needed to illuminate the cockpit at that hour you would see some reflection from the glass displays (even the best anti-reflective coatings always seem to have some reflection to them). 250 seems like a high speed to have set on the MCP at this point too, but that might be getting picky. :)

Chances are that this is a Boeing "sales" picture. It is too perfect and of course the floor boards are clean ;DBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest LLgaz

Speaking of which, I just had a big argument with a friend. He kept insisting that there's an LNAV button on the MCP, until he looked and couldn't find on either. Also, I can't seem to find a VNAV button. Does that mean that the 717 has no VNAV? I guess the NAV button could be used for LNAV, but I would think its used for tracking VORs.

Guest FattyBear

With the NAV switch you are probably able to link it to the VOR or FMC via a switch. VNAV is probably controlled with the "PROF" button between the alt window and vspeed window. Not sure what it stands for thought. We need a 717 sim :)

Guest Nickman

Strange how the 717 barely has any status lights on the overhead. The 737 has about a millionNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest Philip Olson

Ah, come on guys, don't you know what this is?????? This is a leaked photo of PMDG's concept 717, it will look much better in the final release. :-) As you can see PMDG has developed a way to enhance the MSFS scenery to make it look more realistic too. Now, just to be on the safe side and no one misunderstands, this post was a joke. :-) On the other hand if PMDG wants to make a cockpit like this I will turn my bank account over to them!Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Darn Philip did you have to give me away! The secret is that I'm PMDG's latest Beta tester that has already divulged insider information!Of course I'm just kidding, as somehow I don't think PMDG would choose me to be beta tester any time soon, but we can always dream!See you,Geoffrey Balean YSCBVirgin Blue Virtual - VOZ9211ZAB & SSY Observer (OBS)http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.pngMSN - gbalean@hotmail.comCaution! Not a real ATC, but I do sit around all day in an airconditioned office :-dohP4 2.4gHz | ASUS P4G8X Deluxe | 512 DDR 333 | LG L1710S 17" LCD | GeForce MX440 MS | Soundblaster Audigy | Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 | Win XP Pro | CH Yoke & Rudder

It's Profile. And you can expect to get familiar with these things in the Grabowski MD-11 ;).Tero

PPL(A)