Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

PAI needs to rethink its repaints policy

Guest Stamatis

I would be obliged if someone explained to me what is the official policy regarding repaints of PAI models.I notice that there is a request for such repaints not to be uploaded to other sites, but only to the PAI website. Fine, I can understand why.Then, the repaint will be examined by PAI "officials", and will be either approved and used as an official PAI repaint scheme, or will be rejected and... then what? What happens to a rejected repaint?What if PAI rejects a scheme which others happen to like?Won't the designer of that scheme be allowed to upload his work to any site of his choice then, so that other users, who may not have the same taste as the PAI "officials", be allowed to use them?Also, what about repaints of airlines that are not at all supported by PAI? Can't the designers share their work with the rest of us?I believe someone at PAI must rethink their repaints policy very carefully.Stamatis

I for one won`t be using their paints but I know what you mean. I would have thought it would encourage more paints to be allowed to upload them to the site of ones choice ...and we all know which site that would be! regards Pics All PAI:-cool

Hey Ed,Awesome screenshot!6 months ago, I would have accused you of submitting doctored screenshots and thought that what you accomplished would be impossible.:)This hobby keeps getting more realistic every day!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What?.....a few of the models could be a bit better .A330,md-80,maybe 762 is a bit short but hey compared to the default ai ..that horrible773...they are beautiful, give them a good paintjob and with the new FDE (the FDE alone makes the ai superb) plus and this is a biggie...frame rates!These days you can find me FSplane spotting with Anniette at the top of Heathrow Terminal Three Car Park!regards:-cool

Guest Stamatis

For the record, I have received the following reply in the PAI forum:Stamatis,You

Guest Stamatis

Are these your repaints Edetroit?If affirmative, please stop teasing us! :-)They look stunning, I must admit.Stamatis

I`m just reskinning with estabished paints. The Lufthansa 744 is Feelreals skin for the Posky and the 763 is Bodo(the metal master)Muller`s for posky.I`m trying to show that 1; The ai traffic paints do not have to be inferior to the aircraft one flies,2;all those beautiful paints on your HD can be on display all the time not only when you are flying them.3; I get a real buzz out of just watching the traffic as "real as it gets". Thats why I`m making the effort it`s quite a lot of work but nothing,nothing compared to the time it takes to paint one aircraft.I will paint some myself for example the new BWIA A340.Point is I can`t see Bodo(the metal master)Muller painting for PAI and thats the kind of quality I require.regards:-cool

Guest Stamatis

Are all these models (mdl files) the PAI ones ?Stamatis

Yup....all my ai are PAI apart from....well the models they have not done eg. Avro/Bae-146 ( Mike Stones), Embraers (Mike Stones).... ATRs (Greca). The best bit is when they fly..I say again the new FDE`s are superb!

I'm glad they will have "PAI" approved aircraft and schedules. It's the only way to ensure some quality control. I wouldn't want to have to weed out poorly textured and frame eating aircraft.I also see your point that their should be a place for PAI rejects. :-)However difficult, I'm patiently waiting for the new repaints and schedules to become available. :-)Everything I have installed, however sparse, seems to be working very nicely. As soon as I feel satisfied with the next bunch of repaints, and the process of downloading is smooth, I will definately be forwarding my donation towards bandwith costs to help this project continue it's great work.SteveCYYZ

Guest HeavyFan

Hey there ED! Can you E-mail me please I would like to ask you Info on some thing's? MIKE!-:) mdmustang550@hotmail.com

Those are beautiful repaints!!! Hope to see them soon I really think they look great!