Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

Missing PMDG on business trip..but...

Guest bobsk8

Climbed on a Delta 737-200 today for Minneapolis and had a copy of Flying Magazine and a copy of the 737 tutorial on normal procedures that I printed from the PDF files from the 737-8-9. A guy sits down next to me and says, " Are you a pilot?". I explained that I have a Private license with about 600 Hrs TT, but I am addicted to flight sims. He said, " So am I" . Turns out he also owns FS and has a payware 737 ( from another company). He told me that he went to some Sim training down at the Continental Training center in Houston last year. He told me the 2 day class was about $400 and at the end , you got in a motion 737 sim and they threw emergencies at you and everything. He said he crashed on his first landing , but after that everything was OK. We discussed FMCs, bleed air, hydraulic systems, takeoff procedures, ...etc...etc.. It appeared to me that this training he had was excellent, since he only had 2 days to get all this information on the 737, and he knew alot!!!. I am thinking about taking this class myself. He said that they advertise it in AOPA Magazine. Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested in the existance of this training on the 737.

That would be kool!Wish they had something like that in Australia :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Callmecapt

They do.Bankstown Airport. There is a CASA simulator. Not quite the 737. Ok, it's only a twin engine prop simulator.But it is very realistic and I have had a go myself. Lotsa fun and highly recommended.Goran