Sign in to follow this  
Guest prestigePMDG

FMC vs FSNAVIGATOR

Guest prestigePMDG

Would much prefer to fly using FSNavigator than the PMDG_FMC. Is there any way I can fly the PMDG737's without having to program the FMC and just use FSNavigator??I very much would like to be able to do this.Thank,Walt

Guest GeoffC

WaltDon't take this wrongly, but what on earth did you buy it for if you don't want to use the FMC, but do wish to use some kind of Autopilot system to fly it. If you said you wanted to hand/MCP fly everywhere I could understand it as it handles so well, but no FMC..... I'm confused.If you wish to fly that way why not use the default 737 with a nice repaint and save some cash?

Guest prestigePMDG

Thanks for the information.Walt

Guest prestigePMDG

The aircraft itself is much better than the default in all respects including the virtual cabinet and cockpit. But FMC's take too long to set up and are often unstable with various bugs. I buy nearly everybody's planes and scenery and in my experience FMC's are more trouble than they're worth. They are'nt nearly as flexible and user friendly as FSNavigato.Anyway, that's my opinion as a very experienced Sim person. It just seems like PMDC would have allowed in addition to the FMC, a standard (default) type interface for direct usage of FSNavigator for those of us who are much more interested in Aircraft flying and appearance than cockpit operation. Thanks,Walt

Guest GeoffC

Fair enough Walt, at the end of the day if that's how you enjoy doing things that's good enough for me. As somebody said though, FSNAV and FSBuild both have PMDG export modules so you can be up and running on the FMC in mins after a couple of practices. Some very good free tutorials also exist which help with this and provide some enjoyable lessons while learning.Anyway, enjoy your flying whichever way suits you.

FSNAV rules!!!!I used to program the PMDG FMC manually until someone told me about FSNAV.Make your complete flight plan in FSNAV, export to FS2004, then export to PMDG FMC, using the special module on this website. Makes life easy even if you want to fly London to New York! Armen L Cholakianwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest nausea

Walt,When you would know how the FMC works (and have the FP imported in the PMDG FMC), it takes only 5 minutes to set it up completly, even with the checks. If you don't have that time, why would you fly...To learn the FMC will take you, at one day, maybe a few hours (with a bit of commen sence), after that, you won't make a flight without it anymore (make one test flight out of the manual!!!).Tell me what kind of bugs you've seen, very curios about them!!!John

"But FMC's take too long to set up and are often unstable with various bugs."Walt,The FMC doesn't really take that much time to set up, only a few minutes. Especially if you use the "Keyboard" function built into PMDG's FMC (type instead of mouse clicks).Also, I don't believe you will find any instability in this FMC. :-)

Guest Zapper

Hi walt,May I offer you some personal tutorial time to help you get teh most out of this fabulous sim. Forgive me but I can't help but feel that you are missing out on one of the greatest parts of flying the Boeing.. and I mean real world as well as in the sim.I would be glad to help,

Guest prestigePMDG

All you guys have won me over. I will take time to really try to learn the FMC since most say I'm really missing out by not using it.Is there a program called "FMC's for dummies" if so, please let me know where I can get it so I can quickly get up to speed.Thanks,Walt

Guest prestigePMDG

All you guys have won me over. I will take time to really try to learn the FMC since most say I'm really missing out by not using it.Is there a program called "FMC's for dummies" if so, please let me know where I can get it so I can quickly get up to speed.Thanks,Walt

Guest prestigePMDG

Thanks very much for the offer and assistance.I will now try to learn the FMC since so many say I am missing out on one of the greatest parts of Sim flying. What's the best publication or manuel to use,PMDG's ???Thanks for the concern,Walt

Guest shaheedan

Sir,here your statement: The FMC doesn't really take that much time to set up, only a few minutes. Especially if you use the "Keyboard" function built into PMDG's FMC (type instead of mouse clicks).May i know detail how to do that, coz i cannot locate in the instruction manuals.please advise.

Guest nausea

I don't know who's statement it was but:Click with youre mouse on the right side of the FMC (the "black line" and you'll be able to use your keybord. To get out of it, do the same thing again.