Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

Questions From The Manual In The CD Version

Guest glassb

This is for the people who have the PRINTED manual that came from the CD Version. Particularly the INTRODUCTORY FLIGHT section. - 'AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 39' it says "According to the standard aproach procedure LBE needs to be overflown in 4000ft" and then continues onto the next page on how to change the altitude on the FMC.My question is how would I personally know on my own flights that a particular waypoint needs to be overflown by a certain altitude according to a standard approach procedure? Why did this waypoint need to be overflown by this altitude...does it say that somewhere on an information page on the FMC?My last question includes from 'PAGE 40' in the same manual:It says twards the top of the page that we will want to reduce our speed to 200kt. and then shows you how to change the predictions the FMC automatically made on the waypoint 'LBE68' to this new speed.My question is why would I need to make this adjustment to the speed that was already predicted by the FMC.....is it said somewhere (on the FMC not the manual) that I need to do this...otherwise I dont reaaly understand why I would need to make this adjustment.please let me know.Regards,Brandon Glass

>My question is how would I personally know on my own flights>that a particular waypoint needs to be overflown by a certain>altitude according to a standard approach procedure? Why did>this waypoint need to be overflown by this altitude...does it>say that somewhere on an information page on the FMC? Air Traffic Control needs to be in total control of the airspace around the airfield so there are routes that get the aircraft down to the field in a safe and orderly manner along pre defined paths that contain retrictions for the approach route they happen to be on. Each approach is different and each approach can be modified by ATC clearance only. If we were flying that particular route, we would of course have the charts that cover these areas handy and certainly reviewed them prior/during our flight. You can download all the charts that you need from www.myairplane.com for free. If you flight a given route enough times you will know exactly what restrictions apply to your flight. The FMC has a data base and if it is up-to-date it will most likely contain the information when you select a certain approach. >My last question includes from 'PAGE 40' in the same manual:>>It says twards the top of the page that we will want to reduce>our speed to 200kt. and then shows you how to change the>predictions the FMC automatically made on the waypoint 'LBE68'>to this new speed.>>My question is why would I need to make this adjustment to the>speed that was already predicted by the FMC.....is it said>somewhere (on the FMC not the manual) that I need to do>this...otherwise I dont reaaly understand why I would need to>make this adjustment. Predictions and restrictions are not the same. The FMC does not know how fast you want the aircraft to be at any given point unless you tell it what you want. Some restriction do in fact have a wpt with both speed and altitude and others do not. Notice that the FMC has predictions shown in SMALL font whereas restrictions etc are in LARGE font. On this aircraft you cannot just input a speed restriction without also having an altitude restriction on the same wpt (of course in RL you can). So basically you are telling the FMC "I want 200 knots at XXX".... Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest glassb

You know a lot more than me on these things and I thank you for taking the time to answer the questions that I have.-in the FMC manual, it said that it automatically makes predictions for altitudes and speeds for each waypoint. So than why would it say in the manual for the intro flight to reduce to 200kt when the FMC already had a predicted set speed there (when preparing for landing in that phase of the intro flight in the manual)?Rgds,Brandon G

Guest frankathl

Hi Brandon,I cannot address your question, but am intrigued as to what manual(s) you received with your CD version of the 737NG? Mine came with a printed FMC manual, but no tutorial flights. Can you elaborate, please?BR,Frank

Guest glassb

Frank,My CD Version came with two (2) manuals: The FMC Manual and another MANUAL containg install procedures, it makes you familiar with the main panel and overhead panel and includes a introductory flight in the same manual other then the FMC manual, so i got 2 manualsrgds,brandon glass

Guest frankathl

Ah, I see!Thanks, Brandon.BR,Frank

Guest glassb

not a problem.rgds,Brandon

Guest mattridley

Hey,I have been looking for a CD version of the 737 NG, where did you get yours?Cheers!

Guest gremel

I ordered mine from aerosoft.com and it came with the 2 manuals referenced in the above posts.Regards,JackKGSP

Guest mattridley

cheers