Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Speedbrake Deployment & Bounce Landing

OK, an update. Did what you suggested.Still, S/B didn't come out. Again, was observing throttle window. Noticed that this time, throttle did come to the idle position, but after landing. Meaning, in the flare, and upon touchdown, the throttle was still at about 30%, and after touchdown, it idled, but as I said, S/B didn't come out.Another suggestion?

Guest jacaru

Ok i have done my tests too and i can confirm what Word Not Allowed says:1) At 50' AGL Flare mode engages. We are slightly under the glideslope and at VRef+5. Throttles are not commanded to idle. The pitch up commanded seems correct.http://www.telefonica.net/web/makamein/50AGL.PNG2) This is exactly at touchdown. We are slightly behind the touchdown zone. We are 2-3 knots under Vref+5. Throttles still have not been commanded idle, neither speedbrakes have yet deployed.http://www.telefonica.net/web/makamein/TD.PNG3) Finally, 3 seconds after touchdown idle throttle is commanded and speedbrakes begin to extend. We are at 136 knt, Vref.http://www.telefonica.net/web/makamein/IDLE.PNGI havent touch anything during the full autoland.Request for comments ;)Note: A/T is off because i took the screenshots on replay mode, A/T was really on.Jaime.

OK, nice. If you say that after 3 seconds after touchdown, your throttle is commanded to idle AND your speedbrakes deploy, then I'm at a loss... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!? :( :(2nd thing, I'd like to know the name of the Theme you got on your computer, maybe a link too? :)Thx

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Jaime,One thing I noticed is that on the PFD annunciator that the RETARD mode didn't show up. Did this appear when you landed in 'live' mode or is it simply not showing because you took the screens during a replay?David

I feel the pain for thopse dail up users there man lol. "Note: A/T is off because i took the screenshots on replay mode, A/T was really on." Well in fact the throttle always goes to idle in this situation, so it's an argument upon some other thing here. I mean look at your PFD it is showing V1 and VR!Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest jacaru

Word Not Allowed this is the only thing i can tell you:1) Move the speedbrake to armed in the throtle cuadrant manually with the mouse.2) I recalibrated my joystick within FSUIPC. I noticed that when i adjusted my joystick throttle full backwards it didnt command lowest throttle, but slightly over. So i had to recalibrate so the lowest setting was the lowest my joystick was able to reach.About the style:its called Opus and can be found herehttp://www.deviantart.com/view/4591314/Jaime.

Guest jacaru

No, I didnt see RETARD.Was on G/S on green with FLARE on white until FLARE became green.Retard is A/T mode or vertical mode?Thanks,Jaime.

Guest jacaru

If i understand you correctly, throttle goes to idle after touchdown?About the V1 and VR bugs on the PFD, hmm...dont really know if it was because of the replay too...i dont get does on landing on a full flight...i will repeat and see again...and i will repeat and repeat till i get it right...hope some of you can help me ;)Jaime.

Here is what it should look like from the cockpit. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/87363.jpg No throttle goes to IDLE prior to T/D at FLARE with RETARD. The A/T will switch to OFF 2 seconds after main gear contact.. And please take note that this picture is within the bounds of Avsim's posting requirements of 800x600 no more than 125K regardless of where the pic is located ;-) saves users with slow lines..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest jacaru

Ok did the flight again and no V1 Vr bugs, that appeared because of the replay. Other than that, everything was like before. Im missing here how RETARD should be annunciated and when should activate. Ill take a look at the manual. I see no RETARD nowhere.Also, if you are not, please try it with the 737 800 or 900 when you have some time. thanks.About the pics, i read the rules but didnt remember about that one. Im just making my screens with Print Screen key and Paint. How do you do them?ThanksJaime.

Guest jacaru

Ok did the flight yet once again.Yes Retard is there. engages at around 30 AGL until touchdown. Despite all of this, throttles are not commanded to idle and speedbrakes are not deployed, until 2 or 3 seconds after touchdown. Also Auto throtle disconnects few secs after touchdown, but not auto pilot. I get the FMC message End of Route. And i get the bounce ;)Im clueless.More tomorrow!Jaime.

Well this on your system. It certainly retards and goes to IDLE if setup right. Remember that just because one sees something not working the way it ought does not mean that it does not work but rather something on the other end is not set right ;-). PS, the A/P does not turn itself to off on the real NG and neither does this..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest jacaru

First of all Randy i want to thank you for your help but please, take in account im discussing in this thread because I acknowledge there is something wrong on my end, and not to try to demonstrate there is a bug. I need help to find MY mistake. I have clearly understood theres no bug on the plane. So, i would like to find out how should i seek help on this matter without implying that theres is a bug on the plane.In any case, many of us are having the same issue, so it means we are all making a common procedure mistake, or have a common misconfigured system. It is not an isolated issue. This gives me the impression that discussing this problem between affected and non affected people may be a fast way to find a solution. Also I think that part of the fun of this simulation, is the ability to discuss about how it works with fellow simmers. If we all got it right the first time, it would be so easy that could almost be boring. everyone here can learn from thirds ideas, and everyone here can give good ideas to thirds. Personaly, many times i like it much better to talk it with someone, than to study the manual. Take it not as a support question but as "i would like to discuss this with other simmers".And now to the issue. I see the retard PFD annunciation. But what does not seem to happen at that time is N1 being commanded to idle. Auto Throttle disconnects ok. And after a bounce (2 secs after touchdown) N1 is commanded to idle and speedbrakes deploy without any action on my part.So, making a summary:1)No idle N1 at RETARD annunciation, throttles not in idle detent. (Maybe after all it is commanded idle, but N1 or levers dont go to idle???). 2-3 secs after touchdown idle commanded.2)Touchdown 20 meters before touchdown zone. (Not enough flare??)3)Speedbrakes not deployed at touchdown but 2-3 secs after, when idle is commanded.Are these enough reasons for a bounce?Can these be considered a normal behaviour of the aircraft at neutral weather?What may be causing this behaviour?Anyone else observing these three?Tommorrow i will try the 737 600 or 700 and do a precise comparison.Thanks,Jaime.

Hey Jamie, I just like to keep the facts straight so that we are all aware of what it is programed to do and what some are seeing here. It's nothing personal just keeping the converstation in the right direction. I really do not know why it is not going to idle on yours. Do you have anything set up special? What about FSUIPC settings? The speedbrakes might be as you say, maybe not exactly on the dime in seconds but just looking at the first pictures I posted in this thread you can see it was pretty soon after T/D. That was a A/L with me not touching anything. It worked as advertized some you see why I am a wondering what is going on with others. There are many who see what I do and others with issues like you. It is very difficult to try to figure out what is happening on a machine not in front of you. So we try to get as much information as possible to narrow it down. In the past I have re-installed when things were not working as they should. Other than that I would try to locate what I am doing or have installed/running/modified that could effect this in any way. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest jacaru

I have looked closely at your shots. Seems that maybe your speedbrake and my speedbrake behaviour is about the same and synched. One less.On the other side, I cant see the touchdown marks. Did you land before or after them?When you have the chance please, can you take a look at your commanded N1 progress from RETARD to touchdown. Precisely what N1 is commanded at touchdown and when N1 is commanded to idle. Also I would like to know your vertical speed at touchdown.I will take a look at FSUIPC settings and reinstall if needed.Another idea is having a instructor multiplayer session or anything that lets observers see what one is doing with the plane. Anyone up to that, let me know.Thaks for help Randy.Jaime.